Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
103 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

tail lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
First I checked and replaced the stoplight switch. Nothing so I grabbed my tester and I have power at the stoplight switch. Then I disconnected the lines and checked those. It didn't show I had power till I replugged them in a second them then I had one light that worked. Checked hi and lows and directionals and I have all of those. So I know it is either a bad bulb or a bad ground or wire. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to pull the bulb. I even tried to loosen the housing and that did nothing. Anyone have the heart to help that fool that I seem to be today? There is nothing on the site as I have looked.

Posted on: 2022/5/25 10:11
1948 Custom Eight
1950 Super Eight Convertible
 Top  Print 

Re: tail lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
Push in and twist?

Posted on: 2022/5/25 10:17
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you are speaking of the 48-50 models I believe the 48 sockets may be the same type 47 used. On those the smooth ring on the socket next to the hole in the housing is a spring affair. To remove the socket you need to push the socket in toward the housing against the spring and then twist one way or the other to release the socket from a twist lock type affair.

This photo is of a 47 with turn signals and housing is similar in shape to the 48. Not absolutely sure the 23rd series pod housings used the same sockets but most all Packard housings with a plastic or glass lens that has no visible screws holding the lens in place will need the socket to pull out of the housing to change a bulb.

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_2535.jpeg (169.78 KB)
209_628e4b91ae9ac.jpeg 1256X912 px

jpeg  IMG_2536.jpeg (149.88 KB)
209_628e4b9b8ca9e.jpeg 1280X872 px

Posted on: 2022/5/25 10:30
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
My fifty is very different than my 48. 48 is a push and twist. The fifty must have to release the housing to get the glass out

Posted on: 2022/5/25 10:48
1948 Custom Eight
1950 Super Eight Convertible
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved