Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 157

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

A Thought About the Registry...
Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Would there be any way of making the vehicle registry searchable by one's location rather than the model year?

I'm sure most of us would like to connect with other Packard enthusiasts in our area, or state, if there are any, and that would be an interesting way of doing it. Currently, short of getting the Packard Club's membership directory, I'm not aware of any other way of doing this.

Just a thought! Thanks!

Posted on: 2022/6/2 14:34
 Top  Print 

Re: A Thought About the Registry...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information

Already able to do this outside the Registry by clicking on the "Advanced Search" button at the top right of the screen, type in the location in the Keyword(s) Field you wish to search, also click into the "Vehicle Registry" check box then click on the search button at the bottom and voilà, there you'll have all the Packards in that particular area. Trust that was not as clear as mud?

Posted on: 2022/6/2 15:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
That's actually very clear, so I tried it, and it doesn't work. Did what you said, typed in the keyword of Louisiana and it only showed a few cars, none of which were in Louisiana - not even my own car popped up!

Posted on: 2022/6/3 8:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Try typing in the postal code instead of state name, e.g. MO instead of Missouri

Posted on: 2022/6/3 11:24
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
As I recall, the search engine does not allow searches on fewer than three characters.

Posted on: 2022/6/3 13:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
You can, but it will bring up every listing with a word that contains the characters anywhere. I've found that e.g. for Texas, writing Quote:
, TX
will work pretty well, but still misses a lot of cars. Though that combined with just searching the full state name should get most of them.

It's passable but not ideal. Partly because there's no standardization on the Location tags anyway.

Posted on: 2022/6/3 13:22
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Mal, the search works exact in the way you described it. I searched Louisiana and found two cars, I searched San Antonio and found five.
The search seems to be limited to the free text fields (such as "VEHICLE HISTORY/PROJECT STATUS") and doesn't look into "owned location".

Posted on: 2022/6/3 14:31
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Search results depend on what Forum members include in the details they post in the Registry. If it ain't there or if it differs in spelling = no result!

Posted on: 2022/6/3 14:37
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

Guscha wrote:
Mal, the search works exact in the way you described it. I searched Louisiana and found two cars, I searched San Antonio and found five.
The search seems to be limited to the free text fields (such as "VEHICLE HISTORY/PROJECT STATUS") and doesn't look into "owned location".

This is exactly what I'm getting. And neither of those cars was mine, and I know of one other fellow who's down here too, and his car doesn't show up either. You can search Louisiana, LA, zip code, doesn't matter - currently owned location doesn't seem to show up, just info on the cars past locations.

Posted on: 2022/6/8 8:17
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
When I get back from Florida, I'll take a look at what can be done.

The biggest issue is how people have added info. Illinois vs IL vs ILL, etc. If they even have entered that as no explicit State/City fields exist. Just a general "where" field. So some could have entered Chicago, or Chicagoland, or Northern Illinois, or Midwest. Etc. Many times people don't exactly know where it came from. So just a general area. Or they could have left the field blank.

While I can add those, it doesn't retroactively add that info to the existing entries. So it would only be a go-forward item.

The registry is a lot different than the dealer list, as a dealer had an actual address. The Owner Registry is not geographically specific. It's more about the car info as opposed to where the car has been.

Posted on: 2022/6/8 12:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved