Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 229

Chuck McDonald, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1951 Packard 250 find - what do you think it's worth?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Gary,
I'll have join with the group that questions the economics of this project, even though it's a unique Packard. Here are a few posts so you can see other options:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/packard/200/685947.html

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/packard/300/808550.html

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/find/vehicle/vehicleDetail.xhtml?adId=76060&conversationId=21512

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=22&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=250&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-|E-ALL|M-_75_|H-|N-N|R-10000|I-1%2c7|P-PRICE+descending|Q-descending|X-antique|Z-77044&aff=national&paId=136331707&recnum=3&leadExists=true

Hope you find the Packard best for you. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2009/4/13 19:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
You came to the right place to get fair, honest answers. The early 50's hardtops are some of my favorites, but I doubt this car is worth more than 7-800 dollars. Keep looking, and keep logging onto this forum. You can pick up a lot of info just by seeing other folks questions and the replies. I hope you find your Packard, and we'd like you to stop back and tell us when you do.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 20:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I'll have to agree with everyone else here. I love this model and have a '52. I bought mine (9 years ago) for just over $3000 and drove it home. I just needed to clean the seats and give it a spray (no rust!) and was ready for touring (the owner really didn't know what he had). I paid $300 for a '52 Mayfair "parts car" in the condition you've described. I think you can do better $$ wise if you find a good running car that doesn't need too much body work or re-chroming.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 20:45
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike T
See User information
I would also have to agree with the last few enties. I have '51 coupe (with the post) that has the same rust issues that you describe. But mine runs and drives. I got it for $600, and I consider it a parts car.

Posted on: 2009/4/13 22:00
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

GMan
See User information
Thanks everyone for the advice. It was what I was expecting. It is shame since it is not far from home. If and when I get a Packard, I will definitely be back to log it in the registry and tell you more about it. I've looked through much of this site and there is so much helpful information which says a lot about Packard enthusiasts. I'm partial to orphan cars. I'm looking for either a 53-55 Studebaker or Packard primarily. My dad is working on a 51 Kaiser club coupe.

God Bless,
Gary

Posted on: 2009/4/18 10:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
For Packard at least, 53-4 and 55 are quite different. Both have their fans, so you might want to see which turns your crank more.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 16:38
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved