Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

vacume motor rebuild kit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Lonny
See User information
is there a anyone out there know where i can get a rebuild kit for a series 22 1948 vacume wiper motor

Posted on: 2022/6/20 10:03
 Top  Print 

Re: vacume motor rebuild kit
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
https://rebuildingtricowipers.com
highly recommended by me

Posted on: 2022/6/20 10:05
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Lonny wrote:
is there a anyone out there know where i can get a rebuild kit for a series 22 1948 vacume wiper motor

I don't believe anyone sells a new kit for a DYI approach to rebuilding the wiper motors. Occasionally some old Trico kits hit ebay but most likely gaskets and soft parts would be thoroughly dried out if you did find a kit for your particular motor.

About your only practical option for a reasonably fast and decent job would be to send them to Ficken Wiper Company at the link Joe provided. For a relatively low cost and decent turn around time, the return of a like new motor is well worth it and Ficken's rebuilds are highly recommended.

Posted on: 2022/6/20 10:59
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Are the ‘48-‘50 motors Trico? The one in my 1948 was not which was a surprise as I sent it off with many other later motors to be rebuilt by Trico themselves back in the day when they still did that sort of thing. They returned it untouched.

Posted on: 2022/6/20 11:13
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
Are the ‘48-‘50 motors Trico? The one in my 1948 was not which was a surprise as I sent it off with many other later motors to be rebuilt by Trico themselves back in the day when they still did that sort of thing. They returned it untouched.

According to this Trico Cataloghttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1935-51TricoPartsCatalog.pdf the factory supplied Trico motors for the 22-23 series Packards.

I have no idea how many companies might have built vacuum motors but don't remember reading of any shortages or substitutions that might have required a temporary change like some of the prewar shortages of clutches or other mechanical items. They did make a change in motor location during the 22-23 production but I think that was just a matter of different Trico parts. Perhaps yours had some aftermarket repair part installed.

Posted on: 2022/6/20 11:47
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved