Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

Packard5687, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Accessory price book
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is a price book that shows a list of accessories. This one is dated from 42 to late 47 and appears to cover all models.

Prices are interesting but not the reason I am posting it. Other than a tidbit in parts books this is the first official publication I can remember seeing where there is a correlation to know what the actual accessory item is in relation to Packards PA-xxxxx catalog number.

Thanks to Dell for supplying the original. There is another that is listed as being only for Clipper models but as you would expect, a lot of the numbers appear to be the same. It has a few different numbers so I will post that one in a day or so. If anyone has earlier that might cover prewar or a later book from 47 to 56 that would be interesting to see also.

Attach file:

pdf Accessory list 2.pdf Size: 701.65 KB; Hits: 101

Posted on: 2022/6/23 17:11
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: Accessory price book
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Acrobat gives an error that the file is damaged and cannot be repaired but maybe it's my system as I don't often run Windows.

Posted on: 2022/6/23 17:45
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don, I don't know if anyone else is having issues and I don't have Windows or Acrobat or Adobe Reader to try it out. It was constructed on an iMac running the latest OS and using the built in Preview to compile the file and PDF Expert to reduce the 30+meg original file down to 1.2megs. It opens fine on both my iMac and iPad in several programs that can read pdf files. Didn't you have this same issue on another PDF file not too long ago.

Posted on: 2022/6/23 18:04
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
No, that wasn't me as far as I recall (which isn't very far) and typically I can open PDFs just fine on the PC. My iPad often (but not always) wants to download rather than opening them but that's another things and I didn't try this one on it.

Posted on: 2022/6/23 18:34
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
loads Ok for me.

Posted on: 2022/6/23 20:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Opens normally for me.

Posted on: 2022/6/23 21:25
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Works fine for me (Android phone).

Posted on: 2022/6/24 8:24
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Works for me (iMac).

Posted on: 2022/6/24 11:33
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks everyone for confirming the pdf for the price book will open on various other systems. I could have sworn someone had the same issues with their Acrobat program and opening a pdf file some few months back with no one else reporting an issue.

Adobe along with others did develop the pdf format and Adobe Acrobat was and may still be the premier application for generation of pdf files. Apple did license the pdf format and incorporated it to be native in the Mac software many year ago. As part of the operating system software, Apple generated files usually rely on Apple's own and a few other Mac programs to edit or read the files.

Possibly Apple modified something just enough that some versions of Acrobat fuss or perhaps a specific copy or version of the Acrobat application itself has the issue. I have had issues with corrupted downloads from some sites so that is also a possibility.

Posted on: 2022/6/24 12:33
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
If there are features of the document that are newer than the version of the application you're trying to open it in, or the developers of the application did not add support yet, the application may just be written to refuse to open the file because it believes it cannot be parsed correctly.

However, good software development practice will minimize this issue. For example, opening a document in Microsoft Office that is an incompatable version will give a "Compatibility Mode" dialog box.

Posted on: 2022/6/24 14:00
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved