Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 151

Ozstatman, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Hood vents
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bullsh--ter
See User information
Looking for right side hood vents for a 37 120 touring sedan. Any info appreciated.

Posted on: 2022/7/3 19:41
 Top  Print 

Re: Hood vents
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pepepackard
See User information
which vent grill do you want, the front curved or the other flat vent grill.
Pepe Packard.

Posted on: 2022/7/6 4:32
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bullsh--ter
See User information
Looking for all 4 as mine are damaged. Even damaged ones are possibly useable as I can hopefull epoxy the fins in place.

Posted on: 2022/7/6 18:01
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Will Rose
See User information
I have one right hood insert and one left curved hood insert. If interested, I can text or email picture of each. Contact me at 210-260-5646 or will@rpland.com.

Posted on: 2022/7/7 2:23
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pepepackard
See User information
I make hood vents in Mirror Finish stainless steel, however I am down under in Australia and the freight cost are prohibitive to the USA. The curved front vents are difficult to make and are also very expensive.
Regards Fred

Posted on: 2022/7/8 4:18
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Fred - are you making full sets of these finally? Please post pictures and price - I can afford the postage.

DAF

Posted on: 2022/7/8 7:26
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

pepepackard
See User information
Hello David,
Good to hear from you, at the moment I am recovering from heart surgery, so am unable to use power tools and machinery according to the warnings on the medications I am on. The front curved grills are a problem I hope to solve by having them 3d printed in stainless steel. The cost of scanning and printing for each as quoted is $200 US, I am trying to negotiate a better deal. The cost of freight is also a problem, the time frame as much as the price. I will keep you informed on the grills and progress on my latest project a 120b Club Sedan.

Posted on: 2022/7/10 4:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

The cost of scanning and printing for each as quoted is $200 US, I am trying to negotiate a better deal.

I don't think you will get anything much better than that. The equipment used for that is six figures and even the cost of the metal itself I would think would be $100 per part.

Also keep in mind that any 3D printed stuff (metal or otherwise) will have quite a rough texture to it. I would ask, but you will probably need to run them for a while thru a vibratory finisher.

Expect that right off the printer it will look something like this:
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2022/7/10 7:27
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
Once you have files generated of the part, wouldn't either conventional CNC or laser sintering be options? i don't know if the file types are the same.

Posted on: 2022/7/10 8:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
The file type of the model generally has little to do with the manufacturing method, as the 3D printer will generate its own process for making the part.

Generally 3D printing can be done simply with an OBJ file of the model, and then setting some parameters specific to the process.

Posted on: 2022/7/10 10:26
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved