Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
36 user(s) are online (29 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 36

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Another one bites the dust
Home away from home
Home away from home

ewrecks
See User information
I have to agree with .Flack on this one. The workmanship is excellent and the car will provide someone with a head turner that is dependable with parts that are still available.
I like to keep my cars as original as possible but will use radial tires, halogen headlights and an MP3 player to make the car safer and more enjoyable when I drive it.
Many people prefer the looks of an old car with the dependability that comes from updated drivetrains and interiors.
The cost to restore a 39 convertible coupe rather than resto mod the one commented about that has not sold for the asking price of $127k is not cheap and will NEVER pull six figures. I am three years into restoring a 39 convertible coupe and am already near what the last few have sold for…and mine is still disassembled and unpainted.
How another man spends his money is not my problem. I would prefer to see a restomod on the road to seeing a restored car on a trailer or in a museum.
Just my feeling.

Posted on: 2022/8/7 21:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
At least the yellow one the guy drove it for like 2 decades. Some people just like the fusion of old and new, so if that's what you like then you do you.

What I don't get is the six figure asking price, or cars that are made and then intended to be flipped ASAP. I'd be surprised if the market is that strong even in the resto-mod community.

Likewise, a bit hard to see what they were doing with the limo on Craigslist.

Shouldn't it look like this?
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=1796

Posted on: 2022/8/7 21:54
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
About the only good thing about getting old is I can look forward to being rid of the pain I feel when I see these pieces of junk.

The same pain I feel when I see a good looking girl selling herself for heroin.

Posted on: 2022/8/8 9:25
 Top  Print 
Sad (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
I called the auction house and their estimated minimum sale price is $75,000.

EDIT: Talking about the tan 35 on the first post.

Posted on: 2022/8/8 15:30
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Those justifying such hideous degradation with "but the craftsmanship is good," why are you here?
This is a site devoted to the preservation, renovation of Packards, not late model Chevies garbed with Packard bodies.

This fine site is the last place to see the least approval for ignorant, low-horizon trash like this.

Again, why are you here? There are other sites like H.A.M.B. Jalopy Journal for crapola like the above nightmare. Hell, even most denizens of H.A.M.B. would shake their heads at this monstrosity.

No, no, no.

And if you're too feeble to work the silky clutch, smooth transmission lever of a torquey quality car once driven by bankers, judges, businessmen and their 5' 2" wives, time to give up driving or stick to a PT Cruiser or golf cart.

You don't decimate rolling history and get a pass from us. You don't urinate in a cathedral or modify the works in the Louvre with Magic Markers and get a pat on your empty head from us.

Posted on: 2022/8/8 15:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

MJG
See User information
That '37 Limo takes the cake. I pity the person that thought that was a good idea. I get a kick out of the doors not opening. I wonder why? Maybe because you cut the top off.. surprised they don't fly open, but guessing they are wedged shut from flex. Someone needs to enter that in the Concours d'Lemons.

I personally do not like restomods however, at some point manufacturers will build cars I don't care to own. I'm probably getting close to buying the last new car I will ever buy. After that these will start to look like viable options vs an EV. Tesla or '34 restomod? I know which I'd prefer. A well built restomod truck is looking like a nice daily driver.

Also, I hate seeing a great original modified, but it makes the remaining ones more valuable and with diminishing interest in pre-war.. probably more supply than demand in original cars.

Posted on: 2022/8/8 21:52
1948 Custom Eight Victoria Convertible
Others:
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Deluxe Convertible Coupe
1956 Oldsmobile 88 Sedan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Not to keep flogging a dead horse, but has anyone but me feared for the worse on the 37 limo in east texas? look at the windshield and the shot of the interior just behind the front seat. Me thinks not a 1502 limo...

Posted on: 2022/8/8 22:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Whatcha mean, flack?

Posted on: 2022/8/8 22:57
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
looks Rollson-ish to me.

Posted on: 2022/8/8 23:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
There was a series of retro cars some years back that looked pretty much like it. Supposedly they were so proportioned that even their front fiberglass parts would fit an original car.

Posted on: 2022/8/9 0:51
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved