Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
71 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 70

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1954 Spare tire and jack mounts
Just popping in
Just popping in

David Uphoff
See User information
I am looking for pictures of how and where to mount the jack in my trunk and pictures of how to secure the spare. At some point the trunk in my car was fully finished and the jack was just in the middle of the trunk and the spare was just in the tub with a full vinyl cover over it when it cam into my care. The spare does have a threaded mount but no nut or plate of any sort.

Posted on: 2022/8/20 23:11
 Top  Print   

Re: 1954 Spare tire and jack mounts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The jack and handle were not "mounted", they were placed in a cardboard box which was placed up on the trunk floor under the package shelf.

The spare tire/wheel is held on the threaded rod with a large stamped steel wing nut. Someone will have pictures for you.

Posted on: 2022/8/21 7:59
 Top  Print   

Re: 1954 Spare tire and jack mounts
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Here is a photo of the spare tire mounted in the trunk of my 55 Clipper. I believe the 54s were the same. You can also see the jack and tool box.

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_0022.jpeg (57.45 KB)
565_630503f99403f.jpeg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2022/8/23 11:44
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved