Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
174 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 173

Andrew Sinclair, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Companies selling exhaust systems
Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Has anyone had any experiences with the following exhaust system suppliers-
Waldron Exhaust, Kepich Exhaust or Classic Exhaust Inc.? I have listed according to the most expensive ($350) to least expensive ($215) for the complete system including shipping. I need a muffler and tailpipe and am considering using one of the above. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted on: 2009/4/18 19:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Companies selling exhaust systems
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

T&J's 1956
See User information
I have been searching eBay and they have some company's with great feed back and cost about the same. Ebay has some real tough critics and their feedback says a lot from a lot of people... Just my

I will probably shop there if our's needs pipes.

Posted on: 2009/4/18 20:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Dallas: have you ever though about going to a local muffler shop were they make exhaust systems. Going that route might be cheaper in the long run.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/4/18 20:06
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Make sure you're comparing apples with apples. Are you getting stainless prices from one and aluminum prices from another?

Posted on: 2009/4/18 20:06
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I can't say for certain but believe I heard that Kepich and Classic were owned by same people.

I have a regular steel Kepich system on my 56, and it went in without too much difficulty-- with exception of one bend. I had to take the car to a local shop and have that corrected as it was off by just enough to not seat to the heat riser valve squarely.

Also believe this discussion came up before--maybe on the AACA site-- and others had not had the good fortune I did with the kit.

EDIT: Packard53's suggestion is a good one. I would probably do that next time but when doing the 56, it was apart and a major pain to try and trailer the car. Ordered the exhaust to make it drivable and then went to exhaust shop when it was.

Posted on: 2009/4/18 20:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

portlandon
See User information
We used to sell Kepich systems in the past. We stopped using them due to quality control issues and their failure to remedy problems in a timely matter.

Posted on: 2009/4/18 22:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
I use Kepich and have had only one problem. That was a difference in wheelbase. I simply cut off the pipe the required amount and it fit fine.

Posted on: 2009/4/18 22:22
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Quote:

49packard wrote:
I use Kepich and have had only one problem. That was a difference in wheelbase. I simply cut off the pipe the required amount and it fit fine.

I had the exact same problem, except the dog leg was in the wrong area of the rear most section, so cut and weld. But other than that, I am happy as a clam with their system. Sounds pretty darn good to (nice and quite).

Jim

Posted on: 2009/4/19 0:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Although it was many years back, I bought a Kepich system in stainless for my 34 Eight and had fit and quality problems. Their handling of the situation was extremely poor, in fact non-existant, and I've never done business with them again. I've used a local exhaust craftsman since. I've heard from others of good dealings with Waldron.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 5:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I've mail ordered exhaust only twice in my life. First time was a VW muffler from JCWhitney. It wasn't even close to fitting and waited a long time.

The second exhust mail ordered was from Kepich. R&L over the axle pipes and tail pipes for 56 Exec. The left side fit well but the right side tail pipe wasn't anywhere near close. They sent me a 2" right tail pipe and a 1-3/4 left tail pipe. Diameter was not the real problem. The bends in the rite pipe were no where near close to fit.

Kepich DID quickly send me another right tail pipe at no charge but it was still way off interms of the bends.

The best bet is to just go ahead and buy a utility grade hydraulic pipe bender for $300-$500 and bend your own. Time and money ahead.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 8:57
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved