Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 166

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: 2009 CCCA Grand Classic in NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
The Traction Avant Six that had the hydraulic suspension system on was the same system that was introduced in 1955 on the DS 19.

Some three thousand Avant six cylinder models for 1954 through 1957 came equipped with that suspension system on it. Even though the Avant isn't considered a classic, that was mighty rare Avant that was there. Only 50,500 Avant six cylinder models were ever produced.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/4/26 19:48
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
John

More Citroen trivia. The TA 15Cvvs hydraulic system is the rear suspension only. The DS had 4 wheel hydropneumatic suspension, high pressure brakes, assisted steering and semi automatic transmission, hydraulically actuated , of course.

Apparently it took a few years to get all those seals to work. By the time I owned them, the hydraulics were pretty reliable as long as one used the right fluid and the lines didn't rust.

Regards

John

Posted on: 2009/4/26 20:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Thank You for the correction it appears that my reference source is in error. I did know that the DS 19 had the suspension on all four corners.

It is interesting to know that Avant 6 had the suspension on the rear only. I have only ever seen one Traction Avant.

The suspension introduced on the DS19 in 1955, I consider to have been the most advanced in the world at that time. I do understand that rust was a real problem on DS models.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/4/26 20:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Owen: I like the two pictures of 39 Rolls P3 that you posted. I did a web search and found a few more pictures.

This car and the coachwork done to it really caught my attention. Here are some more pictures of the 39 Rolls P3 for all to enjoy.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (114.11 KB)
105_4a19f9c3b34f1.jpg 1024X683 px

jpg  (72.24 KB)
105_4a19f9e6ce58a.jpg 1024X683 px

Posted on: 2009/5/24 20:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The RR is magnificant and most pretty. But seriously gentlemen, does anyone believe that windshield to be something that came out of RR studios????

Posted on: 2009/5/24 21:26
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Only the chassis came from Rolls, all the balance is LaBourdette.

Posted on: 2009/5/24 22:13
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved