Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 149

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: What model is this?
Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
PackardPrick, the reason why I ask your location is because there is a really nice 1940 restoration project in Ohio near PA, previously owned by PackardDon of California (it's a California car) and converted by him into a one-of-a-kind club sedan by doing a 3rd row window delete. And it comes with a title, still in Don's name.

Seller is asking 3 grand but probably you could buy it for half that. Wanted to let you know as the time and annoyance it could take to get a title for your current car, it might make sense to pick up this project and use your current one for parts. And the 1940 may well be in better shape overall. Don was actually thinking of buying it back when I sent him the post but shipping to California is very expensive and he wouldn't really have the time for it. I'm sure he could help you if you have some questions on it as he owned it for decades.

Just wanted to let you know.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/526155312556049/

Edit:
Coincidentally he replied directly before me on this thread!

Posted on: 2022/9/8 11:33
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
Regarding registering antique vehicles, some states are more lenient than others. For example, Connecticut does not require a title for vehicles more than 20 years old, so they will let you register just about anything. They have also have a process for assigning a VIN to a vehicle that doesn't have one. Other states, I have heard, are really tough and basically will make you jump through hoops to register a vintage car unless you have all of the proper paperwork, including a valid title. I'd check with your DMV in your state to find out what their rules are and what can be done if the VIN plate is missing.

Posted on: 2022/9/8 11:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Quote:
PackardPrick, the reason why I ask your location is because there is a really nice 1940 restoration project in Ohio near PA, previously owned by PackardDon of California (it's a California car) and converted by him into a one-of-a-kind club sedan by doing a 3rd row window delete. And it comes with a title, still in Don's name.

Thank you for plugging this car as I would like to see it go to a good home, especially if it's someone here who can keep us posted of progress! However, it is not a California car. It was sold new by The Packard Seattle Company and I bought it in Seattle as I lived in nearby Bellevue. I rebuilt the engine, repainted it, had some pieces made and bought NOS of others, then drove it to California a few years later when my family relocated here. Yes, it is still titled in my name but the title shows a different engine than the rebuilt 1941 one in it and I still have the 1940 engine with which it'[s titled! I can supply a CA DMV Statement of Facts about the engine if needed.

Posted on: 2022/9/8 12:29
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved