Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 216

John Wogec, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Ballpeaner question
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
HH56s' idea to form a right angle flange is agood one. But if i remeber rite there is not enuf crossmember clearence to clear the flange. I will take another look at crossmemeber clearence for this possibility.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 12:19
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Well then why does he want a 2 piece pan for e z removal? Why not install dual exhausts or reroute the exhaust pipe?

Posted on: 2009/4/24 12:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
On a more constructive note. If you insist on the 2 piece pan idea the easiest way would be to cut the 2 pans so they overlap 1 inch and lace the silicone seal to it like no tomorrow. This would probably work as well as anything.

Posted on: 2009/4/24 12:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
make a butt seal at the edges of the two pans by rolling the edges 90 degrees and adding bolt holes. it might be harder to get the regular bolts lined up, but it would be easy to add a u shaped gasket to make a good seal.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 18:19
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

mikec
See User information
oh HH56, i guess we had the same idea...

great minds think alike....

Posted on: 2009/4/27 18:21
Daily Driver:
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
The problem with a right angle flange is crossmemeber clearence. The front or rear section of pan will have to be lap-flanged. Making gthe lap flange around a curve is the tricky part that i don't have the equipment for. Even then i'm not sure i can get the screws into the lap flange due to the crossmember.

I'm open to other ideas.

Posted on: 2009/4/27 21:23
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
why not cut the pan, then weld a....say 1/2 wide strip of metal on both the inside and outside of the front half forming what i would best describe as a toung and groov type system? you could seal it with rtv, and a strip of metal that wide if positioned properly should prevent oil from traveling far enough back in there to reach the cut anyway

Posted on: 2009/5/17 0:28
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved