Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
42 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 41

39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

column shifter to floor shifter
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

casey rog
See User information
I am having a lot of problems with the linkage of my 41 120 column linkage. Does anyone know if the floor shift from a 37 110 will work on my 41 120?
Thanks,

Posted on: 2022/9/12 18:30
 Top  Print   

Re: column shifter to floor shifter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
What's wrong with everybody in making so many identical posts, then not deleting the extras? Is it the site or are we simply getting less patient and not waiting for it finish submitting?

Posted on: 2022/9/12 18:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
What's wrong with everybody in making so many identical posts, then n0pot deleting the extras? Is it the site or are we simply getting less patient and not waiting for it finish submitting?

I think maybe a bit of both. For me in the last few days the site has been acting a bit slower than usual and sometimes even does odd things. The other times I have noticed similar actions is usually right before it goes down hard and Kev has to rebuild something.

Posted on: 2022/9/12 18:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Not sure

But happens to me lately.

Posted on: 2022/9/12 18:50
Riki
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
On the conversion question there was a discussion three years ago that might give some insight as to whether it is feasible. If my car I would wonder if it was more advantageous to modify the transmission or completely tear down and go thru to replace or repair whatever is apparently wrong with the column shift linkage. In post #2 there is a How-To article written by Peter Toet on what is needed to be done in the trans if you want to change to a cane shift.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=21854&post_id=212179#forumpost212179

Posted on: 2022/9/12 18:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Re the Duplicate Posts, this is what I said regarding the other set of duplicates, and will also be applicable here.

"Should be relatively easy to delete the duplicate posts by accessing each one and then selecting the "Delete" button.

Note - The Site can be sloooow at times when the "Submit" button is selected. Only click Submit once then WAIT for your screen to refresh with the post made.
"

Of course the original poster is the only one who can delete the duplicate posts. Besides the Webmaster!

Posted on: 2022/9/12 19:07
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Quote:

PackardDon wrote:
What's wrong with everybody in making so many identical posts, then n0pot deleting the extras? Is it the site or are we simply getting less patient and not waiting for it finish submitting?

I think maybe a bit of both. For me in the last few days the site has been acting a bit slower than usual and sometimes even does odd things. The other times I have noticed similar actions is usually right before it goes down hard and Kev has to rebuild something.

I have noticed that and have wondered that, if something needs a tune-up.

Or a swift kick in the @$$.

Posted on: 2022/9/13 4:56
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The latter, I think.

Posted on: 2022/9/13 12:11
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved