Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
112 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 111

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Incredible collection of vehicles coming up for auction including 1 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
I found this online and would like to share with others on this forum. This is the estate auction of the late Rob Van Vleet of Sidney, Nebraska. Mr. Van Vleet passed away in April of this year at age 87. For many years, he operated a salvage yard called Scrapco and even once appeared in an episode of "American Pickers". His collection includes over 800 cars and trucks spread over 300 acres. Everything will be auctioned off online between October 26 and 27. I scrolled through the catalog, and it is just incredible. Probably more vintage trucks than I have ever seen in one place, including Diamond T, Reo, International, Studebaker, Dodge, GMC, Chevrolet and Ford. Many are pre-war. A 1939 Ford COE still has a Works Project Administration (WPA) logo painted on its doors. Cars include just about all major brands, both Big Three and Independents. I did find one Packard, a 1951 200 Club Sedan which looked like it could either be a good project or an excellent parts car for a rusty convertible. Because these vehicles are in Nebraska, they all appear to be relatively rust free and certainly restorable. Here is a link to the searchable auction catalog.

https://www.farmauction.net/auction/nebraska-truck-hoard/

Posted on: 2022/9/21 9:52
 Top  Print 
Wow (1)

Re: Incredible collection of vehicles coming up for auction including 1 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

kevinpackard
See User information
The '51 is pretty rough, but I'd buy it just for the bumpers. Those are in way better shape than mine.

-Kevin

Posted on: 2022/9/21 17:44
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Must B pretty dry over there, some of the best weathered sheet metal I've seen in ages. Who wouldn't like a good deal on a old Diamond T? Those things used to rattle the single pane windows back in the day, hauling steel from the mill up the hill. Mills are mostly by the rivers for the water needs.
I'll have to take a closer look later, but don't like "online only" for those far away things. Need to press the flesh so to speak even if you get one for mega cheap.

Thanks for the post. It wasn't on my aggregator site.

Posted on: 2022/9/22 10:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
A lot of cabover trucks which are pretty rare . Most look to be as rust free as old things get. All are big projects

Posted on: 2022/9/22 11:36
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved