Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 113

29tons, kevinpackard, John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Zddp question
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Packard Info has international users, befitting devotees of the product once the most widely recognized automotive name in the world after only the ubiquitous Ford.

I've swapped info with PIers across the sea, even as i earlier corresponded with Packard owners in Italy, England, and sold parts to a fellow One-Sixty owner in Norway.

Most European, Scandinavian nations, and Britain, are banning internal combustion automobiles in a dozen short years. For now, i.c. collector cars unaffected. For now. But increasingly, cities, states, insurance companies here in the US may make life complicated for old car owners.

The facts Icarus, i, and others mention are prelude to what we, as owners of arguably the consistently finest production automobiles of the first half of the 20th century, are prepared to do to ensure a future beyond the few years some here gathered imagine they've left before joining their ancestors.

An inexact, one-word negate of this very real and fast approaching situation gets us nowhere.

For example, and scratch a vintage car buff often discover a fellow railfan: Union Pacific has perhaps the most vital big steam excursion program in the nation, a 4-8-8-4 "Big Boy," a 4-6-6-4 Challenger, and Northern type #844, the latter never retired, always in frontline, back up or fan trip service since built in 1944. Yet the Union Pacific just floated a whopping $600 million in green bonds to fund investments aimed at reducing carbon footprint.

If the UP can do that while preserving and operating those three glorious babes, what are we prepared to do to ensure a future for our wheeled alter egos?

Dunno 'bout you, but use DOT 5 brake fluid, reverse osmosis water, and fuel injection hose instead of the regular type in my '47 2103 because i intend to drive it awhile, Gaia, Great Spirit, God, Zeus, Minerva, Mr. and Mrs. America and all the ships at sea willing.

Posted on: 2022/10/6 21:57
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved