Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 165

Tom (Packin31), DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Firewall VIN Tag Stamping Questions...
Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Appreciate the input, I'll try and find them. My guy told me this tag was also a fake. It's on the rock solid survivor car that's for sale on the web now. Wish I had enough money to buy this car, really sharp time capsule '27 sedan.

Attach file:

jpg  20220930_102510.jpg (498.19 KB)
224949_633848f481cc3.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2022/10/1 9:04
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A clearer image would surely help, but it's not apparent to me from what I can see that it's a fake. Number is in range for a late 426/433.

Posted on: 2022/10/1 9:26
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

29- 640 Club Sedan
See User information
An eight page article with color pictures entitled, "Packard Vin Tags" by Jim Balfour can be found in, THE CORMORANT NEWS BULLETIN. Volume LVI #11 dated November, 2021. All you ever wanted to know is in that article. The author also invited the readers to contact him for additions and corrections aehbajb@gmail.com. His detailed chart for every years lists 1929 as variety D-16(his numbering system for all the photos in the article), used from 1925-1933. Material: Brass with etched background. Size:4 1/2 x 3 1/4. Best identifier is "600 U.S. Patents".

Patents numbers on the data tags started with #1 in 1904 and was updated on the tags every couple of years through 1937 at #1350. The size of the Tag changed also changed through the years.

If I was more techy I would include the pictures of the whole article!!

Greg
640 Club Sedan

Posted on: 2022/10/2 15:14
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Thanks Greg! I'll see if I can find that - I should have it if the wife didn't throw it out!

Posted on: 2022/10/3 8:36
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

1929PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

29- 640 Club Sedan wrote:
An eight page article with color pictures entitled, "Packard Vin Tags" by Jim Balfour can be found in, THE CORMORANT NEWS BULLETIN. Volume LVI #11 dated November, 2021. All you ever wanted to know is in that article. The author also invited the readers to contact him for additions and corrections aehbajb@gmail.com. His detailed chart for every years lists 1929 as variety D-16(his numbering system for all the photos in the article), used from 1925-1933. Material: Brass with etched background. Size:4 1/2 x 3 1/4. Best identifier is "600 U.S. Patents".

Patents numbers on the data tags started with #1 in 1904 and was updated on the tags every couple of years through 1937 at #1350. The size of the Tag changed also changed through the years.

If I was more techy I would include the pictures of the whole article!!

Greg
640 Club Sedan

Thanks! Found it! Excellent article, answers all the questions. Talked to a nice lady at LaVine Restorations yesterday, she said someone would call me back about making a plate - hopefully they will. Max Merritt has been a big dud for me - I talk to them and ask about parts, they tell me they're going to go hunt for the parts, and never call me back - FOUR times now that's happened with them in the last two years. Not crazy stuff either, just stuff like oil pan gaskets, a brake rod, things like that. Very frustrating. Anyway, mystery solved, the "1" was used up until 1933, when it was replaced with the "I". So, that's that. Thanks everybody!

Posted on: 2022/10/4 7:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Fred at Max Merritt has been preparing for Hershey where he is now. Otherwise they are very fast in replying and have helped tremendously in getting all the little and not so little bits and pieces that my Henney-Packard needs to get back on the road.

Posted on: 2022/10/4 19:37
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Captain Gort
See User information
I cannot find any way to obtain information on my 1926/1927 Packard.
Vehicle # 221606
The nice search feature on this website does not recognize the older cars...or I don't know how to use it correctly.
Can anyone please help me?
Car was delivered on 12/30/26 by
Douglas M. Longyear, Inc.

Posted on: 2022/10/22 10:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Gort, what info do you need?

I belive this is the info page for your car.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/modelinfo/viewmodel.php?model=1410

Also, we welcome you to add it to the Vehicle Registry!https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/

Posted on: 2022/10/22 14:52
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Captain Gort,
to PackardInfo.

And, like humanpotatohybrid, I invite you to include your 26/27 Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Prior owners can be one way to obtain info on your Packard.

Or, if it's ever been included in a PAC Roster, a Roster Keeper for your year Packard may be able to help. PAC Roster Keepers may be found on the PAC Website - See the menu on the left side of their home page and follow the links to the one/s who may be able to help you.

And, with the slim chance, a prior owner was a member here, it could be in our Packard Vehicle Registry

Posted on: 2022/10/22 17:23
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved