Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
102 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 100

bertus cardinaal, westernshrouds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: No keys, any ways to get in?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Disclaimer
I have only messed with v8 Packards, know enough to mess things up until I figure it out.

1954 executive sedan
I got the rear seat bottom out.
I had just enough light to see the 2 screws under the arm rest. BUT this back seat doesn’t remove like others I’m used to. When I got back home and read the body section it says there are 2 more screws under the trim flap. NO pictures of this in the manual. Is the trim flap the piece of upholstery that hangs loose when the arm rest is down, or am I looking for something around the package tray where the A/C controls are?

Posted on: 2022/10/16 9:49
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't remember enough about my 54 to say for sure but am thinking it may be similar to the 47 and if so, near the top of the flap coving the back of the arm rest opening there will be two screws or bolts sort of off to the side that screw into a plate on the X brace -- enough hidden you may need to kind of compress the cushion sides to get a straight on approach to them. Once all the screws are out you may also need to lift the seat back an inch or so to clear some retaining tabs at the front of the package shelf which the upper seat back frame slides into.

Here is a shot of a 47 from the trunk side giving an idea of where to look.

Attach file:

jpg  plenum in place.jpg (48.35 KB)
209_634c201b94ddc.jpg 640X326 px

Posted on: 2022/10/16 10:15
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Yes, the screws under the center armrest flap are what my 1954 Patricians have and I can't imagine that the Executive Sedan would be different. I seem to recall that there were also little flaps at the bottom corners with screws to be removed. Once all the screws are out, it is still tough to get it out and takes a lot of upward force to get it unclipped along the parcel shelf.

However, why not just call out a locksmith and have it done with? I understand that these locks are easy to pick ones self too and, as you have A/C in the way, you'll not access much through the seat anyway.

Posted on: 2022/10/16 12:07
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
What might be easiest, is that the trunk lock core is actually held in with a clip. If you can get something back there to pull the clip out, you can pull the lock core out from the outside, then simply turn the latch with a screwdriver.

If you want to make a key for it I have a video on how to do that here
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=26085&post_id=249284#forumpost249284

Posted on: 2022/10/16 15:39
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Got the rear seat back out.
It had screws at the bottom and bolts through wood to the seat frame behind the arm rest flap.

I believe I could have unscrew the latch if a tire was not sitting in the way.

So I will try to get a locksmith for the trunk, glovebox and ignition switch.

Posted on: 2022/10/18 21:47
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved