Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 151

BigKev, Alvin14, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Pete Grave - RIP
Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
Pete Grave of Ottsville, Penn. passed away a few days ago at the age of 84 of cancer. A memorial service will be held in the Spring of 2023.

Pete's life with Packards started in the mid-1950s, when he was in high school, and he started working at a Packard dealership in Philadelphia. During the past several decades he and his wife, Jan, ran Ted Covington Sales, a towing service and junkyard in Ottsville. A feature of "The Grave Yard" was dozens of Packards, mostly postwar models.

Pete leaves behind his wife Jan, many of their favorite dogs, and even more friends that he made over the years.

Posted on: 2022/11/4 10:38
 Top  Print 
Sad (1)

Re: Pete Grave - RIP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Leeedy
See User information
Hello,

Ohhh no, no, no. I am so very, very sorry learn this devastating news.

Back in the 1977 I spent nearly a week hanging out with Pete and Jan at the PAC National Meet in Illinois. They didn't know me at the time but were patient, warm and gracious with me. Very nice people and I admired them greatly.

At that time, I had only been to one PAC National in 1973. Pete and Jan went out of their way to make me feel welcome and part of the Packard fraternity. Dick Teague spoke that year and we visited with him. Pete and Jan took me for rides in their very unusual special-order 1956 Caribbean and kept me in awe.

While I have not been in close touch with Pete for many years, I am deeply saddened at his passing. My heart goes out to Jan. My prayers and condolences for Pete.

Posted on: 2022/11/4 13:28
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
I am SO sorry to hear of Pete's passing.
Pete sold me my FIRST Packard in April 1963...a 1937 Twelve Formal Sedan... 1032-209....for $100. He had a junkyard about 10 miles from where I lived.
A year later I went back and bought a 1937 Super Eight Seven Passenger sedan from him for $200....which was barely running.
The last time I saw him was at Hershey around 1986.
Sure wish I had been able to contact him recently to tell him that the Formal still exists, though not yet restored.

Attach file:

jpg  firstpac.jpg (21.09 KB)
441_63699a6477ae9.jpg 450X287 px

Posted on: 2022/11/7 18:54
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
I’ll give you 1000 for it…. A Hefty profit. Jk.

Sorry for the loss.

Posted on: 2022/11/7 21:34
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
Oh, I sold it in 1968 for $900.
The chap who bought it from me still has it. I have been trying to get it back so that I can take it to shows and boast that I paid $100 for it...and just leave out a few details..

Posted on: 2022/11/7 21:40
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
So sorry to hear of this news. Seems that every new day claims another of our grand old Packard Club members that were there when I first joined the club in 1972.

I bought a dual four barrel carburetor set up from Pete back in 1976 or 1977 when I was still in college. I may still have the correspondence somewhere.

Rest in peace, Pete.

Posted on: 2022/11/8 19:43
 Top  Print 

false-false
Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved