Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
174 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 174

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 140 »

Re: BigKev
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I see a cane shift and was wondering if that is a cobble or maybe a readymade adapter to connect the Jag engine to the original Packard trans or did they go the other way and use a compatible trans along with the Jag engine. If another trans is the cane shift part of the trans or something like a bolt on aftermarket shifter setup.

Posted on: 2022/11/24 10:45
Howard
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It a Packard transmission with an adapter plate to Jag bellhousing. Here is a picture of it.

This may be the only Jag powered 37 on the planet.

Attach file:

jpg  20221122_162411.jpg (197.04 KB)
1_637fa85869a5f.jpg 1920X1081 px

Posted on: 2022/11/24 12:22
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Interesting and looks to be a fairly neat job. Can't tell from the photo if it is just the camera angle or an actual issue but you might want to add checking the linkage in the circled area to your list of things to do. After enlarging the photo to maximum there looks to be some play or wear in that rod to lever connection that might cause an issue down the road. If there is actual slop maybe a bushing could be inserted in the lever hole.

Attach file:

jpg  clutch.jpg (199.92 KB)
209_637fb4f0a9c81.jpg 1920X1081 px

Posted on: 2022/11/24 13:19
Howard
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thanks for that Howard. I will check it out! For those interested, here is a little video I shot a couple of days ago before I started to dive into the car.

Posted on: 2022/11/24 14:52
-BigKev

Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
Well done Kev, I think you are going to have a ton of fun with'er not only in the build but in the years that follow on the road. Just a beautiful car.
I did not know that our 37's were the last year for rumble seats. I really love mine and was one of the boxes I needed to check when looking for my car. Mine too has a 'true 50's hotrod feature in that it uses the '53 327 Thunderbolt. Those 180 horses will likely pull her down the road nicely. Mine was done around '59 before time and life got into my previous owner's way and was not fully integrated. I look forward to crossing those T's and dotting those I's in the next few months too.
Enjoy,
Bob J.

Posted on: 2022/11/24 15:42
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
Oh man Kevin - that car is amazing! Lots of pics of my ‘37 115 in my old project blog in the link below, and if you need any pictures of my 120, I’m happy to provide!

Best of luck with the project! Excited to follow along!

Posted on: 2022/11/24 16:05
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Good job! I don't typically watch videos but one for this project was a must-see.

Until you mentioned it in an earlier post and again in the video, I hadn't noticed that the fenders had been extended and thought their appearance was due to the running board's flair being cut off. Once I did see it, I wondered if there might be a door clearance issue. I would keep the fenders as they are (maybe add something to the bottom to make it look more "finished") but check the hinge geometer to see if the door can open upward a little. It seems that tilting the lower hinge inward and changing the anchor point of the upper one while also shortening it would do the trick and keep the intended look.

Posted on: 2022/11/24 16:59
 Top  Print 

Re: BigKev's 1937 115-C Convertible Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

R H
See User information
Gerry has quite a few straight 8 blocks.

What about a 55.88 Caribbean V8 block? Crank is in it. Cant remember on pistons. Reliable..

Have that here too.

Posted on: 2022/11/25 5:12
Riki
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Good video Kevin. Watching the video, especially the part where you were standing at the back of the car, brought a question to my mind.......how do you climb into the rumble seat? That might be an interesting video - film yourself getting into the rumble seat.

Posted on: 2022/11/25 7:04
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I've climbed into and sat in Flack's 115c when he had it. Very roomy back there. Getting out is pretty scary. I was able to dismount without falling on my face.

You basically step on the bumper, and then step on the two steps on the rear passenger fender, step onto the seat cushion and the sit down.

Lots of leg room back there, even for an adult. But I think they were made for children.

Posted on: 2022/11/25 8:27
-BigKev

Top  Print 

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 140 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved