Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Wanted to Buy 1955-56 Caribbean
Home away from home
Home away from home

moodydavid16
See User information
I know its not a Caribbean but I just was on another forum and someone is selling their 1956 400, have you checked that one out?

Posted on: 2022/12/6 23:30

Checkup on your friends.

1948 Super Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
humanpotatohybrid wrote:....Do you know the process for titling imported vehicles in Australia?
When I bought the '41 120 Club Coupe from the USA back in 2007 the "titling" wasn't an issue as long as you had a clear US title for the car. The car needed to pass a safety and mechanical inspection in my State(New South Wales) I would expect a similar set up for Trigresses State(Western Australa).

A major factor in importing a car into OZ is that the paperwork, including the title, must be in order. As part of that process DFAT(A Government body - The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) must issue an Import Permit for the car. No Import Permit, no import. Got the Permit easily on line then sweated on the title arriving because the car was on a Ship before I received the title from the US. Title arrived before the ship docked, so all was well. The only surprise was, having to pay the government 10 percent GST(Goods and Services Tax) of the purchase price of a secondhand car.

Now it's even tougher importing cars with Asbestos being brought into the equation. ie no asbestos in brake and clutch linings or in gaskets or anywhere else in the car. Prior inspection before shipping together with certification that it is "asbestos free" is your best bet. Otherwise, it will be taken to a facility and pulled apart (at your expense) to determine whether it is asbestos free or not.

Posted on: 2022/12/6 23:52
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tigeress1517
See User information
Quote:

moodydavid16 wrote:
I know its not a Caribbean but I just was on another forum and someone is selling their 1956 400, have you checked that one out?

The Light Blue one? Yes I looked at that, nice colour, unfortunately its not original as I would like. I will keep it in mind if the current cars i am looking at fall through. Thank you though!

Posted on: 2022/12/7 0:58
Jazz

'56 Packard Patrician

1956 Packard Patrician
Perth, Australia
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tigeress1517
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
Quote:
humanpotatohybrid wrote:....Do you know the process for titling imported vehicles in Australia?
When I bought the '41 120 Club Coupe from the USA back in 2007 the "titling" wasn't an issue as long as you had a clear US title for the car. The car needed to pass a safety and mechanical inspection in my State(New South Wales) I would expect a similar set up for Trigresses State(Western Australa).

A major factor in importing a car into OZ is that the paperwork, including the title, must be in order. As part of that process DFAT(A Government body - The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) must issue an Import Permit for the car. No Import Permit, no import. Got the Permit easily on line then sweated on the title arriving because the car was on a Ship before I received the title from the US. Title arrived before the ship docked, so all was well. The only surprise was, having to pay the government 10 percent GST(Goods and Services Tax) of the purchase price of a secondhand car.

Now it's even tougher importing cars with Asbestos being brought into the equation. ie no asbestos in brake and clutch linings or in gaskets or anywhere else in the car. Prior inspection before shipping together with certification that it is "asbestos free" is your best bet. Otherwise, it will be taken to a facility and pulled apart (at your expense) to determine whether it is asbestos free or not.

Yes that is correct. I still have to put it over the pits (roadworthy) to get it registered, even on club plates. Easiest way is to get a copy of the title emailed to you to fill out the paperwork. Original stays with the import documents until it arrives here. And the asbestos certificate is a definate must. This is why I am paying the importer the big bucks to deal with all that for me (hopefully) and the GST sucks balls, hahaha, government will take any $$$ they can

Posted on: 2022/12/7 1:03
Jazz

'56 Packard Patrician

1956 Packard Patrician
Perth, Australia
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
For parts dealers the big two are Max Merritt and Kanter. When you have some time I would download their catalogs and look thru the relevant sections.

However there are also tons of assorted parts dealers around. I am even one, though I sell only one part, nylon to fix your front vent windows:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=26177

Point is there are countless other parts dealers such as Tucson Packard, packardparts.org, Speedwell Garage, White Glove Collection... plus tens of people with parts cars that could pull some random part for you if you ask. Point is, it often pays to ask around if you need something that's not a normal consumable type of part.

Posted on: 2022/12/7 5:17
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tigeress1517
See User information
Hi All,

An update on the Packards I was looking at. I am in the process of purchasing the 1956 Parckard Patrician and getting it shipped to Australia. So a christmas present for me. Hopefully it will be here by the end of Feb!!!

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=3775

Posted on: 2022/12/27 22:43
Jazz

'56 Packard Patrician

1956 Packard Patrician
Perth, Australia
 Top  Print 
Like (2)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Tigeress1517,
for including your '56 Patrician Touring Sedan in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Note, The original Registry entry has been marked as "SOLD" and both entries cross-referenced.

Posted on: 2023/1/12 2:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tigeress1517
See User information
No worries

I will update the photo when I get her here in Australia and cleaned up and looking pretty

Posted on: 2023/1/12 8:23
Jazz

'56 Packard Patrician

1956 Packard Patrician
Perth, Australia
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tigeress1517
See User information
Hi All,

Just an Update on the '56 Patrician I purchased back at the start of the year. It has finally been shipped, after much delay, and is making its way to Australia. ETA is 13th June 2023. Whoop Whoop. Then travel arrangements need to be made for it to get from one side of the country to another, this is currently in progress.

Posted on: 2023/4/24 3:41
Jazz

'56 Packard Patrician

1956 Packard Patrician
Perth, Australia
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

jw4
See User information
Sounds good, keep us posted

Posted on: 2023/4/25 9:19
 Top  Print 

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved