Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

47 Packard super clipper map llight
Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Map light just stopped working-secrets to getting bulb out? I assume it is a push in/turn bulb.
Asking before I tear something up

thkks

David

Posted on: 2022/12/3 14:55
 Top  Print 

Re: 47 Packard super clipper map llight
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It is a push-turn bulb, #55 to be specific. To change pull the knob out. Chrome knob is held by a friction fit and keep pulling the knob, and it should come all the way off. Pull straight so an edge does not catch and break the glass. The bulb will be at the front and easily grabbed. Just a slight push and turn about 1/8 turn to the left will free to pull it out. Not much push though because the mechanism wants to slide back in.

To insert the new bulb is a bit more difficult because as soon as you insert and try and push the bulb hard enough to turn and lock, the light switch mechanism will push to the back making the bulb hard to reach. I did not try and prevent movement but maybe some extra friction or tape on the side of the mechanism will hold it in place. If it goes back space is tight. A change can be done with smaller size fingers but unsure about those with really large hands. They might need to use something like a rubber sleeve over the glass to assist in holding and turning the bulb.

Once bulb is in the socket a 1/8 turn to the right will lock it in and then the map light knob can be pushed back on.

Attach file:

jpeg  IMG_2587.jpeg (132.48 KB)
209_638be3f0beb29.jpeg 717X629 px

jpeg  IMG_2586.jpeg (146.14 KB)
209_638be4344a021.jpeg 804X685 px

jpeg  IMG_2588.jpeg (83.21 KB)
209_638be449283bb.jpeg 969X764 px

Posted on: 2022/12/3 19:04
Howard
 Top  Print 

Re: 47 Packard super clipper map llight
Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Thks Howard-I knew you had probably done this.

thks

David

Posted on: 2022/12/4 11:34
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved