Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Notifications
Home away from home
Home away from home

moodydavid16
See User information
Quote:

BigKev wrote:
I've identified one issue that causes part of the delay that sometimes happens when adding a new post or replying to a post. It has to do with the website having to send out 100s of notifications by either email or private message to those that have subscribed to notifications on specific threads or forums.

Looking at the database, there are 1000s of users subscribed, but some of those users are inactive (IE haven't logged in over a year) or are users that have gone to great garage in the sky.

So just to weed out all that extraneous activity that is happening, I have reset everyone's notifications to disabled. If you want to continue to receive notifications, just edit your user profile and then set the "Notification Method" back to email or private message. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was the only way to bulk-weed those old accounts out.

Thanks for keeping everything up to date!

Posted on: 2022/12/8 13:49

Checkup on your friends.

1948 Super Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved