Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 109

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Questions on the 327
Just popping in
Just popping in

Packard Mack
See User information
Thanks for bringing the starter info to my attention, Packard Don
Mack

Posted on: 2022/12/12 14:38
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

longjohn
See User information
I have added a starter button to my 53 Cavalier. My carb starter switch has become stuck more than once and adding the auxiliary button was simple. I mounted it on the lower lip of the instrument panel near the steering column. Add a short wire from the key switch to the button and a wire from the button through the firewall to the solenoid and you are done.

BTW, I never heard this car run or my 54 either. I always plan to tear the engine down on any car that has sat for years.

Posted on: 2023/1/9 17:59
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
That must have been a frequent mod in the day and adding a Ford pushbutton was one of the first things many owners did on Packards. My father certainly knew how to do it on his and I have dismantled more than one with an added button. Buick was another that had the accelerator start and would not be surprised if a few of those had a Ford pushbutton in a similar mod. No idea who else might have used that accelerator start method but the PB saves a lot of aggravation when the engine does not want to start after a push or two on the accelerator. It does not take much more than two pushes before it results in a flooded engine which creates a whole new reason for it not wanting to start.

Posted on: 2023/1/9 18:08
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I bypassed the carb mounted start switch on my 47 Custom. Disconnected the wires from the switch and brought them into the car through a wiring harness hole in the cowl wall. Connected them to a push button switch under the dash. Left the carb switch in place so it would be easy enough for a subsequent owner to restore to original.

Posted on: 2023/1/10 17:48
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved