Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
132 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 131

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Some excellent photos
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Ran across this terrific set of 50s-60s gas station photos. Enjoy:https://youtu.be/UlOVhXRTe78

Posted on: 2022/12/8 22:14
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: Some excellent photos
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Neat photos!

Posted on: 2022/12/9 9:06
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Nice. Takes one back. Thanks.

Appears a marvel of computer animation, ala google earth technology.
Too many period correct cars to stage it.
They would only had B&W and stills back in some of those periods and the fly-by was not there yet except for professional movie films, so could be commercial film digitized. They may have 8mm film but again in mostly B&W for some of the eras and not flyby.
Colors are brilliant so photo enhanced.
FYI:
Grandfather opened an Amoco station in the '20s which ran into the '80s. Coal had already expired in favor of natural gas late post war('50s). Highways changed the traffic patterns and proprietor/mechanic eventually died. No lift, but a pit. He put up the building on his coal yard business property and another family ran the station. He owned and family ran a bread bakery too so can't do it all back in the manual days. He started bread deliveries with horses/wagon. Coal all done by hand shovel before '51 when he got a loader tractor. They had a conveyor to unload the rail cars. Musta have been hard getting help during WW2 as all the sons except the youngest served. After the war, my Dad bought the property, I spent a lot of time there in my youth. There was a "junk" T pickup truck on blocks that I used to "drive"...
There is a "grand opening" picture, but I don't have on computer. My sister has the calendar they sent out Xmas in the early '30s. I have the '20s office furniture and equipment. Last of an era. We're gonna be reduced to an electric plug...

Posted on: 2022/12/9 21:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39Rollson
See User information
Nice photos Ross. They bring back lots of memories including full service. Saw a station from the town my mom grew up in as well as one that my sister lives in.

Posted on: 2022/12/9 21:51
1954 Cavalier (export model)sold

1941 Clipper

1939 120 Rollson all weather cabriolet

George
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Ross, thanks for 10 minutes world-forgotten leisure. Thereafter I went the extra mile and watched 1940s America - Classic Cars, People, and Cities in COLOR, published by the same provider.

Quote:
...They would only had B&W ...

Jim (Fish'n Jim), thanks for the insight that revolved around your grandfather and the "carboniferous", which lasted in my home country until 1989.
In terms of colors, Kodachrome reversal film was already obtainable in the mid of the 1930s.

Posted on: 2022/12/10 4:00
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Mike Hammerberg
See User information

Posted on: 2022/12/10 14:51
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved