Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
39 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 37

Todd W. White, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wiring harnesses
Home away from home
Home away from home

moodydavid16
See User information
Does anybody know where I can buy a good wiring harness for my 48 Super Eight Sedan? Ideally I would like to get an oe style cloth covered one but I’ll take what I can get?

Posted on: 2022/12/16 20:11

Checkup on your friends.

1948 Super Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: Wiring harnesses
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Several good places have done repro harnesses with the fabric covered wire and/or fabric covered loom for members on this and the PAC forum but be aware a repro harness will be somewhat expensive. Wire used is modern so has a decent flexible vinyl type insulation but has the proper looking woven fabric with color tracers over that. Depending on what portion of harness you actually replace or any options in the car that might need extra wires or an additional auxilliary harness, expect to spend at least $1000 give or take if you need a complete car do over. You may not need to replace the body loom which runs over the headliner to the trunk but if you want to do it then the headliner will need to come out to access the loom and will probably not be reusable.

Rhode Island Wiring, YnZ Yesterday's Parts, Narragansett Reproductions, Potomac Packards are some of the major places who have done Packard harnesses. All have websites except Potomac. I believe you will probably need to give Potomac a phone call.

Posted on: 2022/12/16 20:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

moodydavid16
See User information
I have been expecting at least $1000 - $1500. I’ll look into each of those companies further. Thanks for your help!

Posted on: 2022/12/17 1:33

Checkup on your friends.

1948 Super Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Male sure to tell theym every feature/accessory you car has or will in the future so that can be baked into the final harness. (Heater, Radio, O.D., automatic clutch, fog lights, backup lights, etc)

Posted on: 2022/12/17 8:22
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I can’t speak for the others but I’m very happy with the quality and ship time of the harnesses I bought from YnZ Yesterday’s Parts and they are nearly as fast on custom work too. They always have fast, friendly replies to emails so if you write and get no answer, then check your junk folder!

Posted on: 2022/12/17 12:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I bought mine in 1986 from Harnesses Unlimited
They also provide materials and parts.
https://harnessesunlimited.com/packard/

Posted on: 2022/12/17 15:58
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved