Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
96 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 93

Alvin14, kevinpackard, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Servo pressure hose 1955 packard patrician
Just popping in
Just popping in

Richard
See User information
Anybody know where I can get a new pressure hose from servo to valveblock for my 1955 Patrician? Or does anybody know about other cars that have the same size that would fit?

Posted on: 2022/12/26 9:54
 Top  Print 

Re: Servo pressure hose 1955 packard patrician
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning...I would start with Kanter Auto Parts 800-526-1096 and Max Merritt 800-472-2573. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2022/12/26 10:17
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
By your description of between servo and valveblock I think you are speaking of a Bendix Power Steering sytem and are asking about one of the two small hoses running between the control valve at the end of the pitman arm and the separate power cylinder unit attached between the frame and tie rod linkage. If so, Max Merritt has both of them. You can do a search on his website using the parts manual group number 15.621 where he lists them by actual part number as well as identifies them as the long or short hose. If you mean the pressure hose between the pump and the control valve on a Bendix system, that is also available but search for it under a different group number 15.849.

If your car has the Monroe single combined valve and power cylinder unit there will only be one pressure hose from the pump to the power assy and Merritt should have that hose as well.

Posted on: 2022/12/26 11:18
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

Richard
See User information
Thanks for advice, it was the hose from pump to valve i ment👍

Posted on: 2022/12/26 11:34
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Some local auto parts stores have the facilities to make up the power steering pressure hoses, I had a set made by the local NAPA store. Also commercial hydraulic equipment outlets can make them. I also bought a set from Kanter which were very satisfactory.

Posted on: 2022/12/26 13:50
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Your profile says you are from Norway so having a hose made at a local shop may be an option if they have access to US type fittings and probably would be less expensive (over here it is) than buying a completed assy. I suspect you would need to take your old hose in so they could match the US sizes or maybe even reuse the old fittings if US sizes are not available. There is a restriction fitting in the old pressure hose where hose sizes change that documentation says is needed for noise reduction. How important that fitting might be in actual use is unknown as there have been some hoses remade by local sources without it being included. I do not remember reading or hearing of difficulties from those with locally made hoses without the restriction but keep it in mind if there are issues.

Posted on: 2022/12/26 15:53
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Richard,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '55 Patrician in PackardInfo's Packard Vehicle Registry. Be good to have another Packard from Norway on board. There are a few but it's always good to have one more!

Posted on: 2022/12/26 18:10
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved