Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
55 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 52

37Blanche, West Peterson, colin voice, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 Super 8 Dash Plastic?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

GregL
See User information
Hello All,
I am looking at a '39 Super 8 in reasonably nice condition but the dash plastic has a few cracks, which I understand is quite common. Does anyone reproduce these pieces, or what other options might I consider?
Thank you, Greg

Posted on: 2022/12/27 13:25
 Top  Print   

Re: 1939 Super 8 Dash Plastic?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Be clearly advised, replacement of the dash is a frighteningly expensive effort.

Posted on: 2022/12/27 14:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You might inquire at Lavine Reproductions and see if they have patterns for 39. They just made or are in the process of making a dash for Joe's 40 Convertible sedan and might be able to do a 39. You can read some posts about the dash in his project blog but as Flackmaster said, you might want to be sitting down when you get a price.

Posted on: 2022/12/27 15:09
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

GregL
See User information
Thank you both for the quick replies. If the repair process is really that difficult and/or cost prohibitive, that may mean the difference between buying and not buying the car.
I have sent a query to Lavine.

Posted on: 2022/12/27 15:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
LaVine acquired the reproduction tooling and formulae from Yesterday's Radio when Jerry V retired. The quality is excellent, the parts are not cheap.
Your alternate, depending on how badly the old Tenite parts are (they were not really expected to last 80 years) is to fill with an epoxy or polyester then paint. If your car has one of the mottled, translucent look designs this is not an option.

Posted on: 2022/12/28 10:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved