Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
109 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Another well deserved laud for Howard, HH56
Home away from home
Home away from home

su8overdrive
See User information
Last year, i reminded those here gathered how much we owe not just Kev, but savvy, experienced, level PI contributors Howard Hanson (HH56), Owen Dyneto, Tim Cole specifically if not solely. But faced with the horn button assembly of my '47 Super Clipper's lovely J. B. Donaldson steering wheel installed back in 1997 suffering "floating imprecision" of the three screw holes holding the horn hub/rim assembly, Howard's steady, detailed advice and counsel kept my thoughtful mechanic's mechanic and i from hari kari.

Meanwhile, it'd be insult to other enthusiastic marque sites to suggest Packard Info the best on the planet, because A-C-D, Buick, Railton and other owners no doubt revere theirs.

H o w e v e r, it is hard to imagine a better marque site than Packard Info.

Posted on: 2023/1/26 19:08
 Top  Print 
Like (2)

Re: Another well deserved laud for Howard, HH56
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Agreed! Howard always goes above and beyond to help and dig out that information that eludes most of us!

Posted on: 2023/1/26 19:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Allah damn right!!!

How does he do it??? Inquiring minds (or just what passes for mine) want to know . . . .

Posted on: 2023/1/26 20:18
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
How does he do it???

1. Learn
2. Remember
3. Don't forget

If only it were that easy!

Posted on: 2023/1/27 7:44
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

humanpotatohybrid wrote:
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
How does he do it???

1. Learn
2. Remember
3. Don't forget

Mike and all, I appreciate the nice words but cannot take all the credit on the horn. I might have explained what and where to look for the issue causing a problem but think a great amount of persistence by Mike's mechanic with the help of the drawing Wes Boyer made some years ago should get the lions share.

Out of the list above it would be nice if all that was still a reality. In truth, #1 still happens on occasion but unfortunately #2 is becoming problematic and #3 is wishful thinking unless I write something down -- but then that becomes a #2 problem in trying to remember where it was written.

It is becoming somewhat amusing what age does to a memory that only has a few brain cells still working. Increasingly something pops up with vivid detail from 50 years ago but forgets what happened yesterday or by the time you can get there, the reason for getting out of the chair and going into a different room.

Posted on: 2023/1/27 10:31
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

ECAnthony
See User information
"The trouble with memory is not that it fails, but that it so generously creates."

-- Walter Kerr, author of "The Silent Clowns," 1975.

Posted on: 2023/1/27 10:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
I can say as a person who had never had any dealings with a Packard car, never knew anyone who owned one (couldn't ask that "Man!") nor even read about them before being lucky enough to trip over a random listing on Autotrader on-line to buy one that this site and by extension all who have created and populated it with comments directives, literature, photographs and videos have made it possible to restore one very quickly. The directory and swap listings enabled me up here in the great white north to interact with people all over to get parts and have components rebuilt on a car that was new when my Dad was 16 and drooled over them. Congratulations to all of you.
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/1/27 11:19
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Newbie
See User information
Yes, many 'thanks' to Howard and the countless others who so freely give of their experience, advice and assistance to those of us in need. P.I. is such a premium resource! Chris.

Posted on: 2023/2/2 17:29
'If you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right!' Henry Ford.
1939 Packard Six, Model 1700
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
Quote:

humanpotatohybrid wrote:
Quote:

Wat_Tyler wrote:
How does he do it???

1. Learn
2. Remember
3. Don't forget

You know, I'm awfully fortunate that I learn (what I want to) quickly (enough) and (still) retain a great deal. But it's like a library with no screwy decimal system - I can't find stuff sometimes. It's in there, but it's hiding.

Quit being modest, Howard. Accept the praise and gratitude. You deserve it.

Posted on: 2023/2/2 20:43
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Simply amazed sometimes where HH gets the info. I first knew him as a '47 Clipper only guy but now he's covering everything. Nice work.

On memory, I was looking for an older volume I received back in the early '70s the other day. I could've sworn it was an "album" style book - wider than tall, but when I went looking, no such book in the collection. I knew cover was green so I re-searched and found it, but was no where near what my mind thought it should look like after all these years. Memory can play tricks.
Documentation is necessary and sufficient.

Posted on: 2023/2/3 14:09
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved