Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
125 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

1953 Packard 327 Engine & Ultramatic Trans and many extra parts
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Chris R
See User information
We sold our Packard and everything else needs to go.

- 1953 Packard 327 Engine & Ultramatic Transmission (ran when pulled from car)

- 2 1953 Packard Ultramatic Transmissions with lockup converters

- 1953 Packard complete power steering column, steering box, hoses, hydraulic cylinders and related components to convert to PS

- Boxes and boxes of new and used parts for 51-54 Packards

- Tons of trim pieces for a 53 Packard

- Two front fenders, one hood, one trunk and one pass door from a 53 Packard

I have a lot of this stuff. I kept coming across it and kept adding it to my collection.

If you need anything in particular, just ask, I probably have it.

I'm located just north of Portland Oregon.

-Chris

Attach file:

jpeg  signal-2023-01-30-132628_003.jpeg (328.62 KB)
110032_63d83a864ff23.jpeg 1920X1446 px

jpeg  signal-2023-01-30-132628_002.jpeg (297.59 KB)
110032_63d83a8e335ee.jpeg 1920X1446 px

jpeg  signal-2023-01-30-132628_004.jpeg (257.88 KB)
110032_63d83a9321a63.jpeg 1920X1446 px

Posted on: 2023/1/30 16:46
 Top  Print   

Re: 1953 Packard 327 Engine & Ultramatic Trans and many extra parts
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Chris R,

I see in your profile "ironhead.chris" shows with link to PM's, accordingly I have the following questions.

Is THIS the Packard you sold? If so, I will mark the Registry entry as "Sold" upon confirmation.

Second question, what about THIS? Likewise, I will mark the Registry entry as "Sold" upon confirmation.

But sorry I'm not in the market for your parts. Just trying to keep the Packard Vehicle Registry up to date.

Posted on: 2023/1/30 21:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Chris R
See User information
Hi Mal,

Yes, we sold both of them unfortunately. I apologize for the delay getting back to you. Thank you for maintaining the registry.

Take care,

-Chris

Quote:

Ozstatman wrote:
G'day Chris R,

I see in your profile "ironhead.chris" shows with link to PM's, accordingly I have the following questions.

Is THIS the Packard you sold? If so, I will mark the Registry entry as "Sold" upon confirmation.

Second question, what about THIS? Likewise, I will mark the Registry entry as "Sold" upon confirmation.

But sorry I'm not in the market for your parts. Just trying to keep the Packard Vehicle Registry up to date.

Posted on: 2023/3/1 17:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
for the update Chris. Both Registry entries have now been updated to reflect they are "Sold".

Posted on: 2023/3/1 18:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Chris R
See User information
More parts!

Click to see original Image in a new window

-Chris

Posted on: 2023/4/25 15:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Any idea what car the washer on the left in the glass bottle came from. I have never seen that style on a Packard and it looks to be completely vacuum operated.

Washers Packard used were controlled in combination with the wiper motor or were all electric. Reason for question is I have photos of an all vacuum wiper switch for 55-6 models. Tag says approved for production and is late 56. To the best of the information I can find that style washer was never used on a production car.

Am just wondering is if that washer came off a Packard, did they actually produce cars with that all vacuum combination or was it only something considered for the future. Maybe it was to be something simpler and more economical than the electric version.

Posted on: 2023/4/25 16:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Chris R
See User information
Quote:

HH56 wrote:
Any idea what car the washer on the left in the glass bottle came from. I have never seen that style on a Packard and it looks to be completely vacuum operated.

Washers Packard used were controlled in combination with the wiper motor or were all electric. Reason for question is I have photos of an all vacuum wiper switch for 55-6 models. Tag says approved for production and is late 56. To the best of the information I can find that style washer was never used on a production car.

Am just wondering is if that washer came off a Packard, did they actually produce cars with that all vacuum combination or was it only something considered for the future. Maybe it was to be something simpler and more economical than the electric version.

Hi Howard,

I believe it came off of either a 53 Clipper Deluxe or a 53 Mayfair. Both cars were being parted out and all the parts I have came from one of those two cars.

-Chris

Posted on: 2023/4/25 16:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Interesting. I wonder how it was controlled. The early and late version washer switches available in 53 did not have a vacuum connection. The second version switch did have an electric section to operate the style washer on the right. Maybe the small control port was somehow connected to the old washer port on the motor and that was used instead of the direct switch control.

The washer looks like it has a coordinator port along with vacuum in, water out, and control but the coordinator needs a different wiper motor which according to parts manual was not used in 53. Is the coordinator port on the washer open or perhaps capped or somehow blocked off?

Posted on: 2023/4/25 17:28
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’ve never seen a washer anything like that on a Packard unless it’s pre 1951.

Posted on: 2023/4/25 17:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I agree. Pre 51 washers are nothing like it either. Those have a large metal can like diaphragm section perched above the lid with a single vacuum hose going into the top of that. A water out port is below the can near the lid. Vacuum pulls a rubber diaphragm up against a spring to suck water in the half of the can below the diaphragm. When button is released the spring pushes diaphragm down and water out.

I am thinking someone needed a washer and found something from another brand to put in his 53. Not unlike something I would have done back in the day.

Posted on: 2023/4/25 18:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved