Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 131

John Sauser, BlackBeerd, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

640/645 Water Pump Needed
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

29- 640 Club Sedan
See User information
I sent my water pump off to be rebuilt, the Main casting is too far gone. According to the Parts Manual my pump is one year only, and only for the large 8 in the 640/645. It mounts on the front of the engine, not down low on the side.

I have all the usual's looks and scouring. Any suggestions?

I have a nearly complete 640 Club sedan parts car - but no pump. What do you need? Lets get these cars back on the road.

Posted on: 2023/2/3 16:01
 Top  Print 

Re: 640/645 Water Pump Needed
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
I have a 645 with that front mounted water pump. I don't have a spare and fortunately mine wasn't too beat up. That is a fairly simple part and I'm guessing if worse comes to worse, you could have the original re-cast and machined. I know my machinist cleaned up the bore on mine to make sure the shaft lined up straight, so it can be done...I have spares of the roller bearings and the impeller head I would be willing to sell for cheap if you are interested.

Posted on: 2023/2/3 16:57
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Wogec
See User information
I have a 645 with that front mounted water pump. I don't have a spare and fortunately mine wasn't too beat up. That is a fairly simple part and I'm guessing if worse comes to worse, you could have the original re-cast and machined. I know my machinist cleaned up the bore on mine to make sure the shaft lined up straight, so it can be done...I have spares of the roller bearings and the impeller head I would be willing to sell for cheap if you are interested.

Posted on: 2023/2/3 16:57
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

danh
See User information
PM sent

Posted on: 2023/2/4 8:39
dan
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

29- 640 Club Sedan
See User information
I'm interested in your spare parts.

Thanks,
Greg

Posted on: 2023/2/4 15:50
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
I have a spare front mounted 640 water pump. It needs a new shaft, but otherwise is complete and in good condition. Contact me at hiway9999@hotmail.com

Jim Wayman

Posted on: 2023/2/6 14:58
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

29- 640 Club Sedan
See User information
Awesome! Thanks for considering selling your spare. I have sent you an email mail.

Greg

Posted on: 2023/2/6 23:55
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved