Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
170 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 170

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 Caribbean Convertible Top Lever Connection
Just popping in
Just popping in

Darrel007
See User information
I am missing the connector at the end of the lever. It's the fitting at the end of the lever right behind the valve that moves in an arc. Does anyone have a picture of this part? Know where I could find one?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted on: 2023/2/5 15:08
 Top  Print 

Re: 53 Caribbean Convertible Top Lever Connection
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here is a link to Tobs project blog. He is the fellow who posted the convertible valve photos you saw at the PAC forum. If no one else has the part or at least a decent photo of the missing part maybe send him a PM. It sounds as if he has already sent his valve off for rebuilding but the rod and end piece might still be in Germany. If not maybe when valve returns he can take some more detailed photos of that piece while the valve is out of the car.

Posted on: 2023/2/5 15:28
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tobs
See User information
I think mine is somewhere between germany and Florida right now, but here is another pic. The set screw goes in from the end, and the whole thing rotates in the switch.
I didnt look to see how it is atached to the bakelite switch housing.

Attach file:

jpg  20230127_232015.jpg (196.77 KB)
657_63e0264d4af48.jpg 1576X1712 px

Posted on: 2023/2/5 16:58
1953 Clipper Delux Club Sedan, 1969 912, 1990 Miata, 2009 Ford S-Max.
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I will answer the quesstion you have on the PAC forum pver here to keep everything in one place and have access to Tobs answer and project blog.

It looks like maybe it started as a piece of half inch or so rod with a hole drilled thru for the shaft. Another hole threaded for a setscrew on the bottom to hold the rod. Question would be how it mounts to the valve lever. If there is a thru hole in the lever maybe the half inch piece was machined down so a long stem formed. If so that might be able to be duplicated by anothe threaded hole and a stud or screw screwed into the piece to go in the lever hole. Maybe some locktite to keep everything together. Just make sure when mounted that the assy can rotate in the lever hole.

Attach file:

jpg  connection.jpg (50.92 KB)
209_63e02e10d8b6a.jpg 918X828 px

Posted on: 2023/2/5 17:31
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved