Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
151 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Under hood blanket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Reyman R. Branting
See User information
Thanks everyone for the information. I'd been looking for a new gas cap, too, and PackardParts.org site lists them. Now I need new keys for the 55 400, or new locks and keys all round. Hope you can be as helpful on this item, too.

Bernardi

Posted on: 2009/5/2 0:11
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Update: it's still missing. Is it worth replacing? Longer paint life on the hood, less noise, or?

Posted on: 2022/12/17 16:42
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Other than helping to protect the hood’s paint from heat, another reason for the pad is to lessen the drumming effect that larger, flat sheet metal pieces have.

Posted on: 2022/12/17 16:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Good idea, I'll look into it sometime.

Posted on: 2022/12/18 9:21
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
I bought one of Dwight Heinmullers's pads, which appears to be the original material, though for some reason I had to trim it a bit. In the end, I decided to wrap it in some fabric mesh material like you use in a garden. That kept it together much better, it's black but not shiny, seems to be appropriate. I also found that the spray adhesive (3M 90?) that Dwight recommended worked well but I was only able to purchase it mail order. I should have bought two cans but did not, so when I ran out had to use some of the stuff I could get at the hardware store, 3M 77 I think. Even with two cans worth I should have used more. I'll take a picture later and post. The pad does help absorb sound and makes freeway driving more pleasant.

Posted on: 2022/12/18 11:04
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved