Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 67

Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 160 valve tapping again
Home away from home
Home away from home

29tons
See User information
I dont know if everyone reads the blogs so I wanted to ask this question. I finished a few things on the car this weekend and decided to take it for a ride. It started missing under a load and when I got home I noticed 1 of the valves was tapping again. Its the 4th valve from the back of the engine. I know that is 1 of the valve lifters I replaced before. I guess I have to remove the head and replace that lifter again. Does anyone have any other Ideas?

Posted on: 2023/2/13 5:37
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 160 valve tapping again
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good Morning…I run Marvel Mystery Oil in both old machines. It does seem to stop sticking valves. I also notice that if I drive both them each week, they run much better than when I don't. Ernie in Arizona

Posted on: 2023/2/13 9:49
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 160 valve tapping again
Home away from home
Home away from home

JeromeSolberg
See User information
If it's dirt, then maybe one of the additives can dissolve or otherwise clear up the issue after running it a bit. If it is simply marginal, say at hot idle (doesn't sound like your problem) then perhaps Marvel or merely a heavier oil would help. Most likely have to take the head off and replace it.

Posted on: 2023/2/13 12:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved