Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
48 user(s) are online (31 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Northern Ohio area events
Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
I know I'm probably really out of date on these, but can anyone tell me what happened to the following:

1)Packard swap meet in NW Ohio. I seem to remember this being held at a hotel in NW Ohio near Fremont, OH maybe 10 or 12 years ago. Does this meet still exist?

2)Studebaker/Packard/orphan show held at Summit Racing in Tallmadge, OH in late summer. This seems to have disappeared during the COVID era. Anyone know if this one is still around somewhere?

Thanks,
ScottG

Posted on: 2023/2/23 19:04
 Top  Print   

Re: Northern Ohio area events
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
1) Used to be known as Packards at Perrysburg. It was an easy one day trip for me from W. Penna - great swap meet. Hosted by Motor City Packards, they abandoned that venue in favor of the Packard Proving Grounds - too far of a trip for me.

2) Held by the Ohio Regional Chapter of SDC, I used to meet Randy Berger there. However, I stopped going after a string of terribly hot/humid summers. I went back for one year, prior to the COVID pandemic, and found a lot of Packard regulars absent. The 29th edition was held last year.

Posted on: 2023/2/23 22:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

ScottG
See User information
Thanks for the reply.

Is the Perrysburg swap that is now held at the Proving Grounds a part of the Fall Open House or is it a separate event? I can't find a listing for a swap meet at the Proving Grounds.

And yes, the last few years of the S-P meet at Summit were pretty miserable and the Packard turn-out low. I still enjoyed the show, though and looked for info on it last year but came up empty. I just checked Summit's website and saw nothing listed. What's your source for the information on this meet?

Posted on: 2023/2/25 22:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
In latest Sudebaker Drivers club the listing August 26 Tri State Chapter Bob Pool Orphan Car at Youngs Jersey Dairy Contact ggrebner@sbcglobal.netDerry Summit has no cruise or car events listed on there events page

Posted on: 2023/2/26 0:25
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
You'll have to ask MCP as I've never been to their Open House.

Meanwhile, I don't follow any particular source, but simply did a Google search for:

"studebaker orphan cruise summit racing"

Probably too early for a listing at Summit Racing's website

Posted on: 2023/2/26 3:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
Old post but this was in Studebaker drivers club for this yearn always good turn out
https://www.summitracing.com/newsandevents/calendar/upcomin

Posted on: 2023/5/27 12:36
C:\Users\veron\Desktop\New folder\1956 Packard Caribbean\753.jpg
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Kevin
See User information
Sadly, the Perrysburg meet is long gone, as is the original host hotel. The Holiday Inn Holidome “French Quarter” in Perrysburg has been leveled and re-developed.

The Packard Proving Grounds holds an annual open house event in October. The PPG runs that event, not Motor City Packards, although you will definitely see lots of MCP members volunteering and displaying their cars that day.

Posted on: 2023/5/28 11:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
While we're on this topic, I'll be at the Rockabilly Ruckus in Warren this year. Early August.

https://rockabillyruckus.com/

Posted on: 2023/5/28 14:36
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved