Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
100 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 99

John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1951 Valiant Green Patrician
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
I am currently preparing to purchase a 1951 PAckard 400, 2452-4085. just trying to reach out and find an original owner. Currently car, Valiant Green metallic is in Kansas. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

Mitch

Attach file:

jpeg  51Pack4.jpeg (158.66 KB)
108433_63ff94c3ba124.jpeg 1367X2048 px

Posted on: 2023/3/1 13:09
 Top  Print 

Re: 1951 Valiant Green Patrician
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Grille is from a 200 is most obvious. If the owner knows the reason would be a question worth asking and if it was because of a wreck you might want to investigate if other things have been damaged as well.

Posted on: 2023/3/1 13:16
Howard
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
That car is currently in the Registry here on the website. But if you are looking for earlier owners, your best chance is the PAC Roster Keeper, if the current owner hasn't already done that research.

Posted on: 2023/3/1 13:26
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
The current owner has been pretty darn good providing info. That was one of the first things I noticed. What got me wondering was this hit in Regsistry, you can see it has no "teeth" in this either, nd the bent-wing mascot too, but no way of contacting the individual....

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/index.php?Action=view&ID=508

Posted on: 2023/3/1 13:48
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know exactly when the lowered wing ornament was released but I suspect sometime in 51 because my father had it on both his cars.

I remember a comment in one of the Packard books supposedly made by one of the test drivers of the time. Apparently one of the reviewers was less than impressed by the new models because the quote went something to the effect that "Packard lost it's luster when the bird dipped its wings". Almost sounds like something Tom McCahill would have said in one of his reviews but no idea if that is fact.

Here is the family in a new 51 300 where you can barely see the ornament. Dad picked up a used or maybe it was a demonstrator 400 not long after and both had the lowered wings. I "inherited" the 400 in the late 50s and drove it thru high school. I have fond memories of that car and can say it performed admirably despite being subject to abuse by a teenager that Packard never dreamed their cars would need to put up with.

Attach file:

jpg  51.jpg (36.43 KB)
209_63ffa480001a3.jpg 952X648 px

Posted on: 2023/3/1 14:17
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Packard51
See User information
Is that you sitting on the curb? Great photo, thanks for sharing!

Posted on: 2023/3/1 15:09
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The swept-back wings were 1952 but I suspect that some dealers may have switched the ornament on some cars. There is one on Facebook that the owner said was that way when her father bought it new from the dealer.

Posted on: 2023/3/1 16:12
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
When it doubt, the parts book should show which year and models they were available on.

Posted on: 2023/3/1 16:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Packard51,
to PackardInfo.

Although this Patrician is already in the Packard Vehicle Registry, when you purchase it, could you please create a new entry for it under your ownership? I will then mark the original entry as "Sold" and cross reference the two entries to maintain the integrity of the Registry.

Posted on: 2023/3/1 17:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
I was talking to the seller of this car around last summer. Was planning to buy but ended up buying a 55 400 about 99% closer to where I live (10 mi vs. 1000mi).

Good to see it's being picked up by a Packard enthusiast and not a lowrider enthusiast.

Posted on: 2023/3/2 5:09
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved