Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
68 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 67

DavidM, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 4 »

My First Packard
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Andy Lewis
See User information
Hello,
I just bought my first Packard and would like your opinions on where to find parts. It's a 1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan. I need the right tail light assembly, the left tail lens(I have the chrome part). I need both back up lights, and a small piece of chrome that mounts at the top of the side windows between the front and back windows. It's just a little filler piece on the door pillar. What's this piece called? As for interior, I need the metal trim piece that surrounds the window on the front passenger door, what's that piece called? I need the window crank handle for the same door and I need the radio. Also, I have a very limited budget right now. Any help would be appreciated, I'm very, very new to Packard. Thanks.

Attach file:

jpg  (41.53 KB)
1491_49f966ad342d6.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (36.81 KB)
1491_49f966cd56cde.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (164.49 KB)
1491_49f96767cb6f2.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/4/30 3:55
 Top  Print   

Re: My First Packard
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Andy Lewis
See User information
Also, I need hubcaps and I think I need fender skirts? Is that what the little filler pieces under the rear fender are called? I've been reading all of the forum discussions for hours and hours, these cars are awesome. Thanks again

Posted on: 2009/4/30 4:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
lewis11 wrote:......I just bought my first Packard........It's a 1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan. I need .........Any help would be appreciated, I'm very, very new to Packard. Thanks.

G'day lewis11,
to PackardInfo and for including your '52 in the Owner Registry. Sorry can't help with the parts you require but there are plenty of experienced and helpful Packard people here who should be able to point you in the right direction.

Quote:
lewis11 wrote:.....I've been reading all of the forum discussions for hours and hours, these cars are awesome.....

they are awesome!

And a question from me. I see in your Registry entry you say "ENGINE: No engine" and "TRANSMISSION: No transmission". Do you have an engine and trans to go in the '52?

Again, welcome to PackardInfo and enjoy your Packard.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 5:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
I know I may sound like an advertisement for the Packard Automobile Classics (PAC) but they sent a membership directory and handbook, which includes 'yellow pages' for most things you would need.

Check ebay of course. You need to go to the motors section.

Kanter is a good place to start, expensive sometimes:

www.kanter.com/packard

Max Merritt is similar:

www.packardparts.com

Packard Seattle Company doesn't have a website listed but there is an email and phone:

dmoeenterprises@cs.com 425-334-7754

edit: here's a picture of his business card:
http://www.packardsintnw.com/daves%20ad.htm

Pot metal repair and plating:
www.advancedplating.com

Also, if you can figure out the exact part you need and post it on this website, by itself, there are many members out there who have extra and may be willing to help a fellow out. There's a forum just for buying and selling.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 6:17
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Denny Z
See User information
I have a '52 parts car, and may even have the correct hub caps for your car. Let me know what else you need. dazachrich@metalink.net

Posted on: 2009/4/30 7:42
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I certainly understand the "limited budget", I started with one of those too years back, as many of us have. But I strongly suggest that one of your first purchases (or download from this site) should be the 48-54 parts book. It's nearly invaluable for letting you know what parts are shared between various models of the same year, and what parts are shared between various years of production. Plus the illustrations are often very helpful. I personally prefer having hardcopy in front of me, though browsing a downloaded version works well for many.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 9:16
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Lewis,

Welcome to the website. To answer a couple of your questions:

The metal piece that goes around the window on the inside is called the garnish moulding or window surround.

Fender Skirt is the correct terminology for the removable panel that covers the rear wheels.

I have a '54 Clipper Deluxe, basically the same car as your just different trim, and 327 motor instead of the 288 motor. In 51-52 the Juniors were referred to as 200s, 53+ they were called Clippers.

Still lots of interchangeable parts across the entire 51-54 years. 51-52 would have the most direct compatible mechanical and trim parts. 53 would have many mechanical parts and a few trim parts. 54 is the odd bird, and get a little murkier but still lots of compatible parts for general things. Just not brakes or trim.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 12:55
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Also, if you're missing the engine and trans, ANY '51-'54 straight eight will bolt in, regardless of displacement. The transmission, if it's a manual, is also the same dimension wise and bolt up wise. If it's an auto, and I'm remembering correctly, '51 has a larger torque converter and flywheel than the later transmissions, and I don't know if '52 is the same as '51 or the same as '53-early '54. If you can snag a complete engine and trans setup, you're good to go. Since you're like me with not a lot $$ to spare, you can be a little finicky in your engine selection. I'd go all out and find a 9 main 327 with a 4bbl carb or a '54 359, the biggest they made postwar.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 13:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rusty O\'Toole
See User information
Just a few days ago, in another post, someone had 3 Packard straight eights for sale. One was a 288 which should be the right engine for your car.

I looked around but couldn't find the post. I think he only wanted $250 for the engine. Maybe he will chime in or maybe you can find the post.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 16:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Here's the spare engine link although a bit far from Oregon..
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=18168#forumpost18168

Posted on: 2009/4/30 16:37
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved