Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
36 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 35

Joe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

2262 deluxe 8 condenser
Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
Hi all, sorry quick clarification I couldn’t find readily on search. The condenser for a 2262-9 deluxe 8 sedan, there are two part numbers listed for the cross reference, I assume one is the custom and one is everyone else. AL-71 and AL-869, which is right?

Posted on: 2023/3/14 16:49
 Top  Print   

Re: 2262 deluxe 8 condenser
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
You may need to get the number from your distributor which is on a plate on the side. Without that, you'll just be guessing as there is no way otherwise to know which it is, especially if the distributor may have been replaced sometime in the past.

Posted on: 2023/3/14 16:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
I was afraid of something like that. It’s at a shop out of town, I’m trying to get the guy to look at it and tell me. I wish I wrote down which I had and which part number when I replaced them last.

Posted on: 2023/3/14 17:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Condensers are rated by capacity in mfd and that kind of depends on what else is in the circuit, coil resistance being the most critical component.

The criteria in finding a modern replacement condenser is first it has to fit in the Delco or Autolite distributor and second it should come as close as possible to what was originally spec'd. If the coil has been changed to something modern and universal then there is a wider latitude and whether it will fit and mount would be the more important.

I would suggest you do as Don mentions and have the distributor make and model number available to ensure fit or have the old condenser with you when you go to the store and get the one closest to what the specs in this service counselor chart says your car needs.

Attach file:

jpg  spec.jpg (204.77 KB)
209_6410f2c5162ad.jpg 1920X1334 px

Posted on: 2023/3/14 17:18
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PennyPackard
See User information
So I had some luck and found my ignition rebuild parts receipt. It listed a different number for the condenser, AL101. AL97 was the cap, AL99 rotor, and AL4350 the points?

Posted on: 2023/3/14 17:57
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved