Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 104

Alvin14, kevinpackard, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

29 626 transmission shift play
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jim Eubanks
See User information
Had the gearshift lever out of my 29 and after putting it back in, way too much play. Is there some sort of shoe that might have fell out?

Posted on: 2023/3/14 16:53
 Top  Print 

Re: 29 626 transmission shift play
Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
It's many years since I assembled the gear lever on my 6th Series but from memory, there is a tab washer that fits around the gear lever ball and engages the slot in the ball. The large cover nut is screwed on to hold it all together. A poor description I know, others should have better information,

Posted on: 2023/3/14 21:32
 Top  Print 

Re: 29 626 transmission shift play
Home away from home
Home away from home

jimw
See User information
The slotted washer mentioned above keeps the shift lever from rotating so that the action to shift is a front to back and side to side motion from a fixed point. If the slot is not engaged in the shift lever, the lever will wander around.

Posted on: 2023/3/18 15:52
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved