Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
163 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 163

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 Cavalier Hoses
Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
Does anyone know the sizes for the vacuum hoses and windshield washer hoses?

I have the measurements of the fittings and the old hoses, but want to make sure I get the correct size.

Vacuum hoses:
Easamatic 11/32"?
WW Motor 7/32"?
WW Motor to WW washer tank 5/32"?

WW washer fluid hoses:
WW Tank to tee under dash 7/32"?
tee to each washer nozzle 5/32"?

Posted on: 2023/4/4 10:05
 Top  Print 

Re: 53 Cavalier Hoses
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't have instructions for the 53 unit but I believe as far as hose size and layout the 54 unit will be very similar.

Suspect the biggest hose difference will be the 53 unit does not have the coordinator and the supply hose goes to the wiper motor drivers side end fitting instead of a tee near the passenger side of the motor.

Instructions show vacuum hoses with their nominal sizes but for a tight fit on the connections I would get the ones you specify that are 1/32" smaller.

Attach file:

jpg  washer.jpg (161.28 KB)
209_642c401faab9f.jpg 1920X1198 px

Posted on: 2023/4/4 10:22
Howard
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Home away from home
Home away from home

53 Cavalier
See User information
THANK YOU!

[quote]
HH56 wrote:
I don't have instructions for the 53 unit but I believe as far as hose size and layout the 54 unit will be very similar.

Suspect the biggest hose difference will be the 53 unit does not have the coordinator and the supply hose goes to the wiper motor drivers side end fitting instead of a tee near the passenger side of the motor.

Instructions show vacuum hoses with their nominal sizes but for a tight fit on the connections I would get the ones you specify that are 1/32

Posted on: 2023/4/4 10:26
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I forgot about the 51 washer install instructions in the accessories section of service manual. Those lengths may be closer to what you need.

The Easamatic is nominal 3/8" so again the next size down for a better connection. Some of the parts stores carry an extra heavy wall hose specifically listed for power brake use. Came coiled in a box that is just under that 3/8 size. As I recall, when I bought mine the length was fixed at something like 30" so it took buyng two for a complete replacement.

Attach file:

jpg  washer1.jpg (77.76 KB)
209_642c435f12975.jpg 1038X936 px

Posted on: 2023/4/4 10:33
Howard
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved