Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
218 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 215

Oldcaddies , RKS, John Wogec, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Heat riser position (photos)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Chiefdan
See User information
I am having trouble with the car running when hot. ( See: HELP, car dies when hot ). I got to thinking about my heat riser position and it's possible relationship to my current problem. Can anyone tell if the riser is in the open or closed position from these photos? It is rusted in this position and does not move. Thanks again, Dan

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_4230.JPG (275.61 KB)
225857_642e6e0fa898a.jpg 1440X1920 px

jpg  IMG_4229.JPG (298.57 KB)
225857_642e6e3000e8a.jpg 1440X1920 px

Posted on: 2023/4/6 2:01
 Top  Print   

Re: Heat riser position (photos)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gary49eight
See User information
Dan, my manifold has never had the bimetal spring on it. The flap isn't siezed, but the weight on the shaft is hanging down, this puts the flap in the "warmed up" position. I have had my manifolds off recvently, so I have seen this.
The intake gets plenty of heat from the exhaust manifold anyway, so unless you live on the Arctic circle, you really don't need this flap to work at all.
If your car is overheating, it is probably other causes. like the block full of rust or the distribution tube not doing its job.
Gary

Posted on: 2023/4/6 4:33
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved