Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
88 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 86

Eric Voigt, Pipesargent, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Abandoned Packard in a Mansion Garage for 40+ Years
Home away from home
Home away from home

32model901
See User information
Skip to 54:40 to see a Packard that has been abandoned for 40+ years in the garage of a mansion in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXxZbbDCGus

Welcome to our latest episode, where we take you deep into the heartland of America to explore the remarkable story of the Myers family and their once-thriving empire.

For generations, the Myers family built their fortune on the booming industries that shaped the nation. From mining and processing valuable minerals to contributing to the vast agricultural landscape, their influence was felt far and wide.

But as the industries that defined the region declined and people sought better opportunities elsewhere, the Myers family faced a devastating reality. In 1981, they packed their bags, leaving behind their magnificent home and a treasure trove of memories, never to return.

Despite its current state of decay, the Myers Mansion remains a remarkable testament to the family's wealth and the region's history. Built-in the 19th century, it was a grand and opulent home that boasted every luxury one could dream of.

Join us as we step back in time and unlock the secrets of the Myers Mansion, uncovering the stories and memories that still echo within its walls. From the family's rise to power to their heartbreaking fall from grace, this is a tale you won't want to miss. So sit back, relax, and let's dive into the fascinating world of the Myers family.

Posted on: 2023/4/9 17:36
 Top  Print   

Re: Abandoned Packard in a Mansion Garage for 40+ Years
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The Packard is interesting as it has a 1951 front end but 1952 rear fender scoops and power brake which also debuted in 1952. The trunk handle also appears to be the 1952 type. If not for that and the fender scoops, I would think it’s a 1951 that had power brakes added but now I’m not so sure. It also seems to be well-optioned with the aforementioned power brakes, probably power steering, power windows and even dual factory mirrors.

Posted on: 2023/4/9 20:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
That was one of the best abandoned house videos I have seen. Plus you get a 39 Buick, a 49 Buick, a 50 Buick and a 51 Patrician. And if you are sharp eyed, there is 51 Packard signal seeker radio upside down on the mantlepiece. Very fun and nicely presented.

Posted on: 2023/4/9 20:49
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Maybe I’m wrong…. But nobody cares about the Packard….maybe if it was worth something…. Like a prewar of the super 8 or V12 family…. Or a Caribbean…. Otherwise…it’ll be junked. Maybe a coupe 120 or 115 or convertible of the same…. Otherwise… junked

Posted on: 2023/4/9 21:01
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
That would be a Packard I would love to have as it’s a full-featured top-of-the-line model even if the year has some ambiguity that only the VIN plate could sort out.

Posted on: 2023/4/9 22:19
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I would say the car is a 51 not only because of all the correct front end styling but also because of the two piece chrome trunk lid treatment. The 52 used the same plastic emblem but was a single piece casting with the bottom side more V shaped where they incorporated the plastic emblem. If the car can be considered mostly original it might answer another question that has come up here on the forum in years past -- was the Packard lettering color in the casting red or black and on this one you can see remaining bits of red paint.

It probably has dealer installed 52 louvers and I suspect dealer installed power brakes too. One of the articles I remember reading seemed to indicate a louver change was done more than a few times on 51s. They were inexpensive and had a sleeker look. When power brakes arrived in 52, Packard went all out to promote and make them available on cars that did not have them. Kits were offered to retrofit the units to 51 or already sold 52 models if an owner wanted them and encouraged dealers to install them on non equipped 52s already in stock. There is a service counselor article on how to install them even to the point of heating and using a hammer to bash in a clearance spot on the 51 frame it it was needed.

The car is well equipped and does have power windows. When the guy opened the front door you could see the switches.

Attach file:

jpg  trunk.jpg (77.90 KB)
209_64342d036951d.jpg 1270X772 px

Posted on: 2023/4/10 10:36
Howard
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved