Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 133

Daniel Leininger, pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Fan belt stuck behind dampener 41 110
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jimmyk
See User information
Hi all…working on my 41 110 again…refurbished radiator and got new water pump as well as new front motor mount rubber..I know the new mount rubber will raise the engine some but there seems to less than 3/8th of space between dampener and the large suspension hex lug with pin as it is now…it this the normal set up…seems crazy…

Posted on: 2023/4/21 18:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Fan belt stuck behind dampener 41 110
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
You may still need to use a jack and raise the engine slightly to get the belt out. If you are using a new mount and having issues I still think some of the vendors, Steele in particular, are using softer rubber than the original Packard item. That softer rubber does not hold things in position very well and your engine could still be drooping a bit.

Posted on: 2023/4/21 18:43
Howard
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jimmyk
See User information
Thanks! I did get some old stock so the rubber is probably a good replacement…putting in tomorrow and will see…I have engine up now on Jack so I could get distribution tube out and water pump…. So I assumed that the belt should have clearance now..but I’ll see tomorrow and report back

Posted on: 2023/4/21 19:46
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jimmyk
See User information
Got new mounts in and plenty of clearance for belt now! All back together again…the front end must have dropped over 1/2 inch since I got it in 1994…interesting to work on though…

Posted on: 2023/4/22 9:40
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved