Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
107 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 105

pmhowe, Bob J, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Packard Compass
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
SC Vol. 21, No. 12, p. 58 shows same style of compass, though application is not specified.

The article also references a 1946 parts bulletin, which might contain additional details, but we don't have a copy of that one in the P'Info archive.

Posted on: 2011/12/12 9:12
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
I forgot to post what I finally did to make the GPS work in my 1956 400. All I had to do was replace the lighter base with a nos one and everything works perfectly. Sorry to wait a couple of years to post how I solved the problem back then. Basically the old base unit worked fine to heat the lighter element but would not power the GPS plug. It only takes a couple of minutes to change this as there is plenty of room to work.

Posted on: 2011/12/12 11:24
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There was a Packard compass in one of the 51s I grew up with. As I recall there is some slotted adjustment screws that you could work with a dime. Remember Dad fussing with it on nearly every long trip. Whether it vibrated and didn't hold a direction or was too sensitive to extra metal in the car or if he had totally screwed it up is open for debate. I know he never trusted it and said it was a gimmick.

Posted on: 2011/12/12 11:40
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
12 v jump boxes usually have an accesory plug ,which will power a gps for a long time in a 6 volt car ,you can also use this as a compass and check you speedo as well

Posted on: 2011/12/19 4:58
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I put in one of those 6V pos grnd to 12V neg grnd converters in my 38 (Ebay about $60) along with a socket and it runs my GPS and hidden AM/FM radio just fine

Posted on: 2011/12/19 7:27
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved