Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
140 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

LSX_Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1940 8 cylinder engine ID no firewall plate
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

JBrown wrote:
That’s something I would like to become more tan with. What are the trim differences between the 120 and 160?

In addition to what others mention on the forum you might also look thru the 1940 Data Book That book covers major differences from the previous year as well as information on what might be standard or optional between models in the current year along with photos of some of them.

A few of the 40 Sales Brochures are also in the literature archive. While some might be artist illustrations or early information which might be changed with production they often show trim differences.

Posted on: 2023/5/4 12:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 8 cylinder engine ID no firewall plate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
The 160 and 180 have trim in the insets around the side windows, they have different bumpers and the hood side louvers are also different. The 110 and 120 have, as I recall, 18 non-moving grille bars while the seniors have fewer which open and close thermostatically. Wheel covers are different too.

There were mid-year changes too so the illustrations on this site, while an excellent reference, might not shoe them all. I don’t know what these might have been on the senior models or even if there were any but I do have a mental list of those on the 110 and 120.

Posted on: 2023/5/4 13:26
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved