Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
165 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 163

Bob J, JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Stromberg AAV-26
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Time to send out my AAV-26 carburetor for my 1940 Super 8 180. Would like to know the difference, if any, between a 10-40A and a 10-40E. When I originally got the car in the late eighties it had an E, but has a small hole in the top of the float bowl for the original West wind heater. Got a second E which is on the car and would like to keep it running while a carburetor is out for the rebuild. Many years ago I got an A thinking it is also for the 1940? Externally I can see only one difference and that is two tubes that run around the venturies different directions. Might there be internal differences as the A does not have the small heater hole in the top. See two attached photos it they upload? The A is the dirty one as it has been sitting for many years.

Attach file:

jpeg  10-40E.jpeg (87.11 KB)
733_645edd70660dc.jpeg 810X1080 px

jpeg  10-40A.jpeg (148.00 KB)
733_645edd7edf1a9.jpeg 810X1080 px

Posted on: 2023/5/12 19:44
 Top  Print   

Re: Stromberg AAV-26
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't know if this will be of any help but here is a bit on Stromberg AAV's from an old Motor's Manual. A few pages are missing from the sequence because they were covering a different model so didn't copy them. The mfg listing shows which cars used the various models as well as some differences in settings. Just skimmed the content so unless it is somewhat hidden in the notes or adjustment instructions I did not find a specific answer for the difference in the two versions you asked about.
There was a bit on automatic chokes so thru that in too.

Attach file:

pdf Stromberg AAV.pdf Size: 1,087.07 KB; Hits: 36

Posted on: 2023/5/12 23:04
Howard
 Top  Print   
Like (1)

Re: Stromberg AAV-26
Home away from home
Home away from home

todd landis
See User information
Correction I do see the A and E carbs, look the same except something about the throttle body slightly different adjustment. What I should do is open up the A and take a couple measurements. Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2023/5/13 1:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved