Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
215 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 213

Don B, JWL, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

New to the Forum
Just popping in
Just popping in

JLM
See User information
Hi there!

First, I don't own a Packard nor will I ever be able to own one because I'm just not financially able.

Second, I have limited auto-mechanics knowledge.

Third, I've always been fascinated by Packards and Packard Lore. I grew up in the Sixties and well remember my late parents and grandparents talk the prestige that went with owning a Packard. That if a person owned a Packard, that person "had arrived."

I said all that to say if I should ask question or make a comment that is obvious to a seasoned Packard collector, please don't be too hard on me. I'm here to learn.

kindest regards,
JLM

Posted on: 2023/5/29 15:51
 Top  Print   

Re: New to the Forum
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Welcome! Liking Packards is good enough and we are happy to answer questions to non-Packard owners. That said, '50s era Packards are quite affordable, especially sedans, and a good way to learn mechanics at the same time.

I was 16 in the '60s when I bought my first Packard (which came with a parts car) and by the time I was 17, I had at least four so it is addicting!

Posted on: 2023/5/29 16:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
JLM,
to PackardInfo.

You said Quote:
JLM wrote:.......I'm here to learn.
In that case, you've come to the right place.

Again

Posted on: 2023/5/29 17:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
Welcome regardless, but I'll point out that a budget in the mid four figures will buy a decent bathtub era Packard, and they are pretty dependable too with common parts still.

Posted on: 2023/5/29 21:07
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Welcome, here you will be able to observe the work being done on Packards from the teens to the fifties. The folks here are friendly and knowledgeable and more than willing to share their adventures keeping these motor cars running and on the road. Hop in!

Posted on: 2023/5/30 15:12
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Don't give up - there are several folks I know looking for the next caretaker for their Packard. Many guys are aging out and are wanting to identify a young and enthusiastic owner.

Advise your location and keep us posted as you learn what car you might enjoy. No, no Darrin's on the radar at present....

Posted on: 2023/5/30 18:06
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

CCR
See User information
I'm a fairly new and highly reliant on the pros here for guidance. Only word of warning is that last year in November I finally broke down and bought my first Packard, or as my son calls it my midlife crisis. Little did he know that when April came around I would have another "midlife crisis" and buy another, albeit not yet drivable, Packard. I am hoping that my rate of Packard purchase slows down as I already lack garage space.

Posted on: 2023/5/30 19:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

humanpotatohybrid
See User information
It seems that one's Packard collection naturally grows to fill his available garage space. Funny, that...

Posted on: 2023/5/30 20:36
'55 400. Needs aesthetic parts put back on, and electrical system sorted.
'55 Clipper Deluxe. Engine is stuck-ish.
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob J
See User information
SOOO True!
I only have one, but she is the best! Good thing too as she fits in my garage with 2" to spare!
Bob J.

Posted on: 2023/5/30 21:33
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Jit Maz
See User information
Hey guys, How do you all doing? I am a newbie here and super excited after joining this community. I am looking forward to gathering new ideas and stories and also sharing my experiences.

Posted on: 2023/6/1 7:40
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved