Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
122 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Build date
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
What's the casting date on the motor?

Posted on: 2023/6/5 21:30
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
I dont have the date here - the car is in storage I will get the date soon -Engine number G 202892

Posted on: 2023/6/5 22:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
In order to have '48's for model change in the fall, they would've started in '47. It didn't happen on the same date every year in this period because of the low sales issues. eg: 23s didn't get made til July and the run was short becasue of the left over 22s. But they made a small flotilla of gold painted 50th 23 cars for marketing.
That production info should be in the book, but the sequence of models was not clear as I recall, but memory is short and not going to go look it up, if you have one.
If they made that model later, then it may not be calendar early, just early in the sequence, but they likely had a quota based on sales to meet as dealers would want cars to sell when model change came and customer orders.
They were making the bodies at a supplier, Briggs, and assembling at P. So there's another possibility for mismatch dates. There's probably some method to the model madness, like by frame size or something, but those data would be mired between the PAC, P museum, and Stude museum, if they exist at all. There's was a fire or something and records were also lost. Speculative at best without documents.
Other than curiosity, I don't see much value in knowing this. Since it's not a leftover is was sooner than later. The build sheet is likely missing, if you don't have it already. Should've been on the back of the glove box.
Another clue maybe the casting dates. I recall my manifold was cast on my birthday, but 4 years hence to mine.

Posted on: 2023/6/6 20:43
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
From what I see in the Roster Keeper info on the other site , my car was built in late 47 -engine number G 202892

Posted on: 2023/6/6 21:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Does anyone have more info on my Packard 2262-3445

Posted on: 2023/6/12 21:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Does anyone have more info on my Packard ? Trying to find original dealer -

Posted on: 2023/6/12 22:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Thank you !

Posted on: 3/15 21:41
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved