Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
152 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 151

CartRich, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: Warren July 25, 2009
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Phil Parkey
See User information
OK, I have never been to this event. I am most interested in attending the car show. Vacation time is still up in the air. Can anyone give a first timer some insight and ideas of what to expect. I really enjoy the classic cars but I do feel out of place sometimes due to age. (47 here) Will be interested in the comments.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 19:40
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Steve Mackinnon
See User information
Phil, I am thinking based on your comment that you may feel a little on the young side? You would be surprised how many people in your (our) age bracket have and appreciate these cars. Funny, I am 45, and yesterday took the 120 over with my dad to see a friend of his collection that, while not too far from me I somehow never saw before. This guy is 73, has both top notch antiques and hot rods, and wants more, not less cars. So I guess there is something to be said for buddying up with the older guys. They tell great stories.

But, back to Warren, I would love to go, this is our first season as Packard owners but I think the summer is a bit to packed for us to make it this year. Hopefully those who attend will cover the event with some good posts.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 20:24
Steve Mackinnon
1939 Packard 120 Sedan (sold)
1940 Packard 110 Convertible
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Phil: When meeting fellow persons from Packardinfo at Warren
age plays no part. My grandson will be coming with me this year again and he is only 20 and he never felt out of place.

Over the last couple of years Randy Berger's fine 56 Packard seems to be the central meeting spot for Packardinfo members.

One of the more interesting things that happened last year was that BH brought his father with him. His father worked at a Packard dealership for many years, it was very interesting to be able to talk to him. I certainly hope that he is there this year.

I am sure that if you come you have an enjoyable time.

MAL: You can be certain there will lots of pictures of everything from Warren. I will be taking two memory cards and four sets of batteries with me for the event. That should enable me to take several hundred pictures.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/7/7 20:29
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
All are welcome regardless of age, and if you have a question for this gathering to answer so much the better. Most members are just what you find on this forum - friendly and helpful. Look for my green/white 400 and come over and shake my hand.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 22:17
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Would the members who attend the Warren meet and take photos please post them in the Car Show Pictures section. This way we can all enjoy them throughout the year. Thanks and have a great time.

Posted on: 2009/7/8 9:23
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
John: In 2007 and 2008 there have been several hundred pictures posted of the Warren event on this web site.

I know that in 2007 between BigKev and myself we took several hundred pictures that were posted here for all to see. Last year I mailed BigKev a cd with the many pictures I took at Warren that he posted with in a week after the Warren event.

If you would like I will send you a personal dvd with all the pictures I will be taking at Warren if it isn't pouring rain.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/7/8 21:29
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Phil Parkey
See User information
Thanks for the input. If all can be in place by next week with business. I will be there.

Phil

Posted on: 2009/7/9 6:09
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
In the past, BigKev has often refiled pics of cars from the shows in their respective folders by model year.

With that in mind, I have often recommended that the contributor post a caption for the photo that include the event name/location and date to retain that source info.

Posted on: 2009/7/9 8:13
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
One of the more interesting things that happened last year was that BH brought his father with him. His father worked at a Packard dealership for many years, it was very interesting to be able to talk to him.

John, you are too kind.

Although my dad first began working as a mechanic at Bell Motor Sales in 1946 and left that dealership behind in the fall of 1956, he did not actually put in 10 continuous years of service there.

He left their employ sometime in 1948, when he and my (late) uncle owned and operated a Sterling (Quaker State) service station for a couple of years in their hometown. Following that, he went back to that Packard agency, but was later drafted into the Army for a couple of years, during the Korean Conflict, where he served (stateside) in the motor pool (naturally). However, he again returned to work at that same dealership in 1955. After Packard, he spent the rest of his career in a GM dealership.

Though long since retired, my dad is one of those guys that always has to be working on something (like a big kid with a backyard for a sandbox) and doesn't like to sit still for very long - though he can't work like he used to. Yet, he enjoyed taking time off and spending a day in the shade at Warren last year.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 11:21
 Top  Print 

Just popping in
Just popping in

fourpack
See User information
Malcolm,

I am looking forward to seeing you in Warren. Leaving tomorrow morning and expect to check in at the Avalon towards evening. Unfortunately I don't dare drive 5699-1007. Although most bugs have been sorted out by now, I will need to take it on several shorter trips before I dare drive it across several states. So my wheels this time will be the Executive, which has been to Warren before (for the Packard Museum car show in 2000).

Ole

Posted on: 2009/7/19 15:27
 Top  Print 

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved