Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
159 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 157

Bob J, JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Re: Warren July 25, 2009
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Ole wrote:.....I don't dare drive 5699-1007....... So my wheels this time will be the Executive......

G'day Ole,

Unfortunately I won't be at Warren, because of distance and logistics, but will be there in spirit. I see you have at least 2 Packards and I don't think I've made this request of you before, but why should you miss out? Could you please include your Caribbean and Executive in the Owner Registry, and any other Packards you own, including pic's, any known history and how you acquired them?

Posted on: 2009/7/19 15:48
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
This doesn't happen often, but the time and place line up right for me...I happen to live about 6 miles from the P.M. in warren, and even though the water pump is dodgy on the old girl, i should be there with her i believe sunday. Another group i belong to (Youngstown Rod and Custom) will be there for the general car show, and i didn't make any kind of arrangements or registering at the museum so i'll just be parking with them like some lowly non-packard ;)

Even though YR&C is all about street rods, etc and packard owners are usually about keeping it original, they LOVE the packard car shows and our cars, so they're excited.

Also, out of about 7000 cars at the goodguys nationals in columbus a week or so ago, i was the ONLY 1950 packard, although there were a few older ones there that had a cadillac 500, a viper driveline (in a boat tail roadster) and a buick 455 in them. And i do believe i saw only one car the entire weekend with a straight 8 in it at all, although i didn't catch if it was a pontiac, etc.

Posted on: 2009/7/19 23:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Mal, our first names are the same and Ole calls me by my first name. I believe he was addressing me, but it would be a grand surprise to see you at Warren In any case we will have a lot of pictures to post and you can enjoy Warren the way we enjoy the shows that you attend in the land of Oz.
Randy or Malcolm or That SON-of-a- gun?

Posted on: 2009/7/19 23:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Randy,

I know Ole was addressing you, it's just that I took the opportunity with his post mentioning 2 Packards to make my usual request for members cars to be included in the Owner Registry. Didn't mean to cause any confusion. I'd change my name if it would help, but my wife would get terribly suspicious for absolutely no reason at all if I did that!
Kath - - Mal

Posted on: 2009/7/20 4:37
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Phil Parkey
See User information
Nice to see the comments. Well I made it to Warren, Thursday evening. Will be prowling around the museum and show tomorrow and Saturday. Hope to put some names and faces together.

Phil Parkey

Posted on: 2009/7/23 22:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Mal, never change your name. It is distinctive. I just didn't appreciate that when I was younger, Much younger(lol)

Posted on: 2009/7/23 22:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Just got back from Warren will try posting some pictures over the next couple of days.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (69.16 KB)
105_4a6b8856309a6.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (69.18 KB)
105_4a6b889e90484.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (128.69 KB)
105_4a6b898da3c75.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/7/25 17:33
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
John,

After your concerns about the weather, how was it? Rain , sun or a combination thereof?

Posted on: 2009/7/25 17:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Mal: When we first got there it looked like it was going to rain. As the day went along things got better and no rain just cloudy.

Had one heck of a good time with the rest of the Packardinfo folks.

John F. Shireman

Attach file:

jpg  (87.66 KB)
105_4a6b9c6549a3b.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (113.93 KB)
105_4a6b9d4ed9bbd.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2009/7/25 17:41
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Although we had some early sprinkles on Friday, it was a good day and I really enjoyed the 1937 OPUS II. Saw several Packards I had never seen before including a Victoria 5 passenger Coupe that I didn't know existed. They made 89 of them. I'll be posting many pictures of some great Packards. Sat. the rain came early and chased most of the cars off the field, but still it was a good day - met some Packard people I hadn't shook hands with before. The banquet was good and awards went to various people for devoting time, energy and talent to the museum. Fred Mauck from PI got the long-distance award. Fred and his wife drove in from San Diego - a true Packard fan. Ole Book got a nice award for his donation of Packard marine engines to the museum. All in all a great Packard weekend. Pictures to follow.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 13:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved