Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
203 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 203

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Carburetor for Packard V12 Limousine 1608
Just popping in
Just popping in

sanjeev kapur
See User information
HI Friends,
I'm in process of restoring a Packard 1608 limousine in India. I need a Stromberg carburetor EE3 for the same.

Would Stromberg EE14 work on this V12 engine? Any help / guidance on this would be much welcomed.

Thanks.
Sanjeev Kapur

Posted on: 2023/9/17 21:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Carburetor for Packard V12 Limousine 1608
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
NO!.
EE-3 Only.

Posted on: 2023/9/17 22:51
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

shinyDUCK
See User information
Hopefully we can get this fellow who says he is "restoring" a '38 Twelve to tell us more about it. For example, what was its condition when purchase...how far along is he in its "restoration"....

It would certainly be helpful if someone in here who knows the difference in carbs. can explain in at least some detail why a EE-14 carb. would not work on a Packard Twelve.

Posted on: 2023/9/19 11:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

moodydavid16
See User information
Not sure I can help you but you should add your Packard to the registry!
packardinfo.com

Posted on: 2023/9/19 12:56

Checkup on your friends.

1948 Super Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I believe the Packard V-12 FWD prototype had a precursor to the EE-3, perhaps an EE-1. Note that engine was of far smaller cubic displacement that the production version offered for the 9th Series. Other than that I've never heard of any carburetor being an alternative for the EE-3 for the Packard Twelve.

I'm certainly no expert on these matters but I believe among the reasons the EE-14 is not suitable is the matter of vertical clearance to the hood and available space for mounting of the air filter. Also even if it would physically fit into the limited space, the EE-14, designed for engines of far lesser displacement, would be significantly undersized for the displacement of the Twelve. Rejetting might be possible but I believe the venturi size of the base casting is simply too small. And another though of lesser importance, I don't believe the EE-14 is compatible with the Stromberg Type C automatic choke used on the Twelve.

Posted on: 2023/9/19 13:30
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
I have your carburetor available...have sent private message with no reply??
Flackmaster@sbcglobal.net is my direct email I can email or post pictures.

This site is here to help.

DAF

Posted on: 2023/10/22 17:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved